Saturday, March 10, 2007

Work Together.

Today, at school, only 14 people out of 100 in my year attended. 50 were on a field trip for some extra-curricular nonsense that they do and the rest stayed home to study. Boring! The teachers had put a lotta effort into making it a fun day for the people not going on the trip so I felt sorry that not many people showed up. I did. And I am mighty glad!

First we had to do a presentation, ours was on Climate Change. It scares me that some time in the near future our world might not be here, or it might just be an empty shell because we have destroyed ourselves. We won too, and ate lots of chocolate! Yum!

Then we watched "An Inconvenient Truth" - you know, Al Gore's movie? Wow, is all I can say. It was one of the greatest films I have ever seen. Poignant, yet happy at times, sad...shocking. It makes me want to change the world. We do our best at our house - we recycle, we take public transport, we turn off lights and don't run the tap when we brush our teeth unless we need to! But we could certainly do more. What really hit home for me was when Gore said that we had to work together, to unite not as countries but as a PLANET....we did it for Civil Rights, against faschism, against communism...why not against global warming? So I'd love it if you'd take a moment to watch that movie, or go to www.climatecrisis.net and assess your lifestyle. Think of it as the first step towards a better world. Like Miss Maudie in To Kill A Mockingbird says: "It's just a baby-step, but it's a step."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Ariana Sullivan said...

Sounds interesting, I'll have to go check that out.

I'm tagging you, Lulu. Go to my blog and copy the questionarre and fill it out! That's not a command, lol, I just think yours would be fun to read :)

8:07 pm, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Well said Lulu- and I totally agree! It's a powerful movie that needs to be seen by all, and not thought of "political" but rather global.

8:28 pm, March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home