Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's Saturday!

No more school for the weekend. I'm kinda sad but at least I have more time...time to knit, time to smile, to slow down, to read, to do homework, to read your blogs, to take a long bath, to write my book, to finish sewing my dress...time for whatever Louise wants. =) I love 'me' time. I love school so much, more than you could even imagine, but sometimes it's such a chaotic pandemonium that it's nice to have days off to spend time doing what you love.
Recently on blogs of fellow 365ers I have heard photographers saying that Photo of the Day is getting tedious. I just wanted to say DON'T give up! I love all your images and reading your thoughts and stories and would miss you all if you quit! So keep snapping that shutter. =)
I went to help at Brownies last night, like I do every week. I love them, they are such sweet kids. I couldn't find the keys to the church hall anywhere and I became more and more frustrated not being able to find them. I figured 'Brown Owl' would bring a set along so off I went to the church, in the pouring rain, carrying the Brownie box and stereo. By this time Brownies was 10 minutes late starting. All the girls (ages 7-10, Brownies is the younger version of Girl Scouts) and their parents were waiting outside the hall. I had to break the news that there might not be Brownies tonight. We waited for Brown Owl though, hoping she'd brought the keys with her. We played Stuck in the Mud in the pouring rain, we laughed, we talked, they told me about their week at school, they danced in the rain, we sung, we read stories and eventually Brown Owl turned up without the keys.
"Ohh!" little Abby said, "I was so looking forward to Brownies this week." Similar cries of disappointment began to surface around the group of children and even their mothers! I guess they were excited about having the night off! I wanted it to go ahead, I love helping with the girls and they love me like a sister.
"Alright then," said Brown Owl, "I'll go and get the keys from home."
It was dark, it was pouring with rain and it was cold - so we all sheltered under our umbrellas and sang campfire songs... "This little light of mine", "My Ship Sailed to China" and "I Once Knew a Boy named Joe" ... it was beautiful. Standing outside the church in the yard, 15 little girls and me, as well as their parents, singing whilst the Heavens continued to pour rain down on us. There's something about people singing that always makes me smile.
After an eternity, Brown Owl turned up. Brownies was almost over! But we marched into the hall and dried ourselves off. The parents went home and we mixed up some orange squash and handed out custard creams. They practised their dance for the gang show, we played Duck, Duck, Goose and we sang again.
"I'm glad there's Brownie Guides tonight, " Rhi said to me. "I love you." And she gave me a huge hug. Just wanted to share that little analogy. =)
Today I have a self-portrait to share. I didn't take it today but last week sometime. I liked it. It epitomises me and what I am like. My hair blowing in the wind, smiling and looking happy. That's me. I took a ton of other photos today but none of them I like as much as this one. I kind of feel that my photography needs to take a new direction, aside from flowers and soft pictures, so watch this space! See you soon! ~ Lulu
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Lulu not only are you a fabulous photographer- but you have a beautiful way with words also! I loved your story! So rich with details I felt like I was a bystander to your evening.:D

7:01 pm, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Rheagan Leatherwood said...

THis was my first time to your blog. I really enjoyed post. I found myself smiling and remembering times I was stuck out in the rain, and how much fun my friends and I had when we were much you. youger. Look forward to the future of Tulips Grow Anywhere.

7:32 pm, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Ariana Sullivan said...

I love how bright his is. You look cheerful and pretty. Just how I picture you from your posts :)

1:09 am, March 04, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

LOVE this Lulu!!! You are so pretty and I love the hair blowing in the wind...perfect shot!!! ;)

3:40 pm, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home