Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Quotations~

Yes, Mindy, the quotations are back. =)
"…If there's just one kind of folks, why can't they get along with each other? If they're all alike, why do they go out of their way to despise each other? There's only one type of folks...folks." ~ Jem Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)
Yep, my favourite novel of ALL time, along with A Summer to Die. Anyone else love that book? I read constantly. When I'm not taking photographs, I'm reading or knitting...or maybe even both!!!! We had a suprise assessment today in English Literature; had to write an essay on why To Kill A Mockingbird is still such a respected book. I wrote that it's because its message of equality for all and judging people on the content of their character transcends time and place. It's simply a universal truth. Racism is one thing I get reallly up in arms about. I don't understand how you can possibly judge one person on the grounds of their ethnicity since race is about appearance and not about character. Everyone is so different and that is what makes the world turn, but it doesn't mean some people are better than others. Of course, some people do bad things but I was always told that there's a little good in everybody - even if you have to look extra hard to find it. =)
Anyways, enough about the seriousa stuff! Is anyone else busy as banana jam at the moment? I seem to have NO time whatsoever anymore! It's kind of nice to be so busy but it's kinda chaotic too. I wake up, shower, eat, go to school, knit, eat, have afternoon lessons, come home from school, take pictures, eat, go to piano/Girl Scouts/do homework...go to bed! I just had a moment when I got home to snatch a few photographs at around 5pm so light was kind of iffy but I got two keepers, outta 4! =) Thanks for reading now! Love Miss Lulu ♥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Post Script : Both were almost SOOC (straight out of camera for non-photography obssessed chicks) which I was so pleased about. =) But excuse the rubbish compositions please!

5 Comments:

Blogger mindy~ree said...

Lulu!! Thanks for bringing it back just for me ;) (I know everyone else loves them too!) Your words always make me smile!! I love coming to read your thoughts on the world and take a peek at how you view it through your camera! love the shots!! SOOC! wow!! I never get anything good SOOC! Anyway, you are a great "online friend" ;) Have a good day!!!

5:57 pm, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

And so are you! That was quick. I love doing the quotations, it's fun, thanks for the reminder. =) Love you too!

6:00 pm, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

I like the daffodil photo- the angle and color is great!
Love the quote- TKAM is one of my all time favorite books! :D
"Busy as banana jam" ok THAT is one I've never heard before! lol

8:08 am, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

Yep, busy as banana jam (LOL) too. But loving it. And luckily always just enough time to post POTD and check out what everyone else is doing.

11:10 am, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks!

8:11 pm, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home