Monday, February 26, 2007

Coloured Pencils. =)

Hello! Just got back from school and the light was actually pretty good for once! Normally daylight is fading by the time I get home but today it was just RIGHT. Of course, I pleaded with my sister, offered her humbugs or cupcakes or even 50p but she wasn't having any of it! "The light is right!" I kept saying, but non-photographers never understand, do they?! Found a bottle of coloured wooden pencils, drew myself a picture and decided to be 'creative'! Oops, there goes my exclamation marks again! So, this is how my little shoot turned out. Mostly @ 2.8, ISO 100/200 and varying shutter speeds. Have been shooting a lot in Av mode lately, I think I need to get back into the swing of manual. I added grain to the black and whites, can't resist a grainy B/W! =) So that's my little story! I don't know about in America or other countries but here most schools, including mine, end at 4-00 pm so there's not much time for photography afterwards. We start at 8-00...that's a whole 8 hours in school! What time do you/your kids start and finish school? Gotta go do homework for Chemistry now, yuck! See yooou! =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ooops, B/W not showing up. Will try to fix it later. Gotta go now!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ta-da! Not much but I like it. =)

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

thanks for the compliment, Lulu! I love brenda, she is an inspiration, she helps you a lot with Photography. I just started with photography and she's I think my influence aside from Stacy of Blue candyland, check her blog too, just looking at their blog helps you.

You take good still life pictures. I should do that often. I love your profile picture too!!!

10:17 pm, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

Lovely colour (nice to see others who spell it properly - LOL) Lulu. Look forward to seeing the B/W.

10:20 pm, February 26, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

love these~! I must know what happened to all the quotations?!?!? I miss them!! :)

2:17 am, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are awesome!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I back posted for 11 days I think. I just got behind with posting. I'm glad you missed me!!! :)

6:54 am, February 27, 2007  
Blogger KrisLeigh said...

I just ADORE your stuff Lulu! You do still life so perfectly!

12:13 pm, February 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are wonderful, Lulu!

Glad you changed it to allow non-blog spot bloggers to comment. =)

5:35 pm, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks! Wish I could have some portrait pratice though!

Mindy, they'll be back tomorrow. ;) Forgot about them, thanks for the reminder!

Denise, how do you back-post? :)

9:11 pm, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

I love the 1st one- great color!
Love the grain in the b+w pic :)

6:52 am, February 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home