Sunday, March 04, 2007

I just got back...

...from church and it was lovely. All about Fairtrade and supporting businesses that don't exploit workers. The little ones did a lovely play of The Feeding of the 5,000...I wished I'd brought my camera. Anyways, I will be back later with pictures but I will share one from last night just using Tungsten lighting @ 1.8, 1/100 and ISO 400.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's pouring right now, has been for about 5 days non-stop minus yesterday so haven't had much time to get out and take some pictures. My sister let me take the above of her, I promised her face wouldn't be in it...but I did get a few when she wasn't looking! I am going through a B/W phase at the moment which is fun - I'm normally ALL colour ALL the time! This is her fave book.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have been feeling completely blah about my work the past couple of days, it seems like all the work I have done has unravellled and I am back to where I started! Rubbish as ever. Please give advice on how to get your mojo back...if anyone needs it, I do! Thanks for everything!
~ Lulu
Post Script: How do you like the music? I did have Sweet Little Sixteen by Chuck Berry on there, my favourite song of all time, but changed it to Little Bitty Pretty One by Thurston Harris. One of my favourite songs again....reminds me of the movie Matilda. Don't you just love that film, and book? =) Anyways, do you like it? And if not, you can click the little green button and it'll turn off. But anyone who doesn't like Thurston Harris should NOT be visiting my blog LOL! My musical tastes do not coincide whatsoever with most my age. =) Like many other things I like but I am who I am and I love that!!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger mindy~ree said...

Love the pics AND the music! I started humming right along as soon as it started! You can't help but bounce around in your seat to that song! ;) I don't think you have lost your "mojo" by any means..these are great shots!! If I ever need to feel inspired though, I just go for a walk with my camera and start trying to see things in a different way. It usually helps...but it has been raining where you are....so I don't know!! Anyway, these are both cool shots of the book! Tell your sister we are all dying to see her face already!!! :) :) :)

(Thanks for the SWEET compliment on my blog, you made my day!!)

3:38 pm, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

Cool shots!!

5:23 pm, March 04, 2007  
Blogger heidi~r. said...

Great choice for the music! Tell you sister I LOVE reading Judy Moody books with my students!! Love the pictures...great DOF!

6:58 pm, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

When will we get to see this mysterious sister of yours? Great shots too. As you know I've been feeling blah about my work too - your words of encouragement are really appreciated - so wise for one so young! Hopefully the mojo is winging its way back to both of us right now.

1:45 am, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Great DOF! I love the music too! Very fun and upbeat :) I just changed the music on my site too- needed a change too. If you've lost your mojo I can't tell!! When I'm feeling mojo-less I switch to technical things- to give the creative a break- it removes some of the pressure. Hence the reason I bought a grey card! lol

6:49 am, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going through the "my-pictures-are-all-so-blah" stage as well! So I dont have any ideas/advice... but just so you know, your pictures are as great as ever! keep 'em coming :D

5:40 pm, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

That sounds like a great church service, Lulu.. We had a special service about water on Sunday, and the kids did a play about walking to get water every day in Africa. It was really powerful. I did take some pictures but don't have permission to post them anywhere :(

By the looks of your more recent shots it looks like you're getting your mojo back, keep it up!

1:09 am, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home