Monday, March 12, 2007

It is a sad day~

~when all you have to share is a picture of your blog itself. A sad, sad day. LOL! That's not technically true because I do have one more but I got home at 6pm tonight and the light was almost gone - so I had to shoot at ISO 800 outside, @ 1.8 and 1/50 (dangerously almost fatally camera shaky)! But I got one out of the 12 shots I took. So I'll share the two. =)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was the camera I truly learnt on...yes, the 1989 one and only Canon EOS 650 with the Sigma 24-70 3.5-5.6 lens. =) What fun! I love film, I truly do. When I shoot film, especially B/W, it's almost like going home. It's like going home and knowing exactly what you'll find, opening the wardrobe and knowing without a doubt that your pink towelling gown will be hanging up on the right hand side, like telling your sister good news and knowing beforehand that she will jump and sing 'Joy To The World' three times fast. Digital is a whole new world for me. I mean, I was never that good as a film photographer and I'm not a real special digital photographer but I'm still 'me'. It doesn't matter if I shoot film or digital or colour or B/W...my style still shines through. Digital is like opening the wardrobe and, instead of the pink robe smelling of Grandma's lavender scent, finding a new world...like Narnia! So that is my ode to the EOS 650...love you Mister! =)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Enjoying all your marvellous x50 blogs! Love Miss L. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger KrisLeigh said...

LOL! You crack me up Lulu and you are a wonderful photographer, you have such a gorgeous way of viewing the world and I ADORE it! I've been dying to try film for awhile now but hubby would kill me if I said I wanted another camera just for fun, lol!

2:29 am, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He I haven't been here for a while (you know why) and I missed it. I love reading your posts. You make me laugh everytime!
About your sister, why don't you let here take the lead. She chooses whet she wants to wear, the location etc. Or just ask her which activity she wants to do (maybe painting, gardening..), let her do her thing and shot. Finally why doesn't she invite a friends for a photo session. Usually girls love that. GOOD LUCK!

8:04 pm, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks Kris and Frederique....adore you both!

6:35 pm, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home