Friday, May 04, 2007

Oh, happy day!

Why? I don't know. Today was just one of those happy days where I lived life to its fullest blissfully unaware of anything going on around me. :) Yesterday I really got stuck into examination revision, which honestly isn't all that bad when you get right into it. I just wish 'revision' was one of those pretty mellifluous words that rolls off your tongue, seeing as I have to say it so much! Or maybe I'm just weird.
I did some Latin verse, a little Latin grammar, some Maths, some Nature of God and Biblical stuff and my favourite....German. :) I want to be a German teacher when I grow up. I love it so. I love the way all the words are so pretty and the rules are so regular and the culture is so wonderful, and so is the food! Anyway, I just love it. My first examination is next Thursday, my German speaking test, and I am not nervous at all! I can't wait...my lovely teacher always make one feel at ease. We also have to learn a lot of quotations from books for English Literature. I went out to the high street and bought a pack of eighty chalks in the colours of the rainbow and wrote quotations from Shakespeare's Macbeth (great book! great guy!) all over the sidewalk. That was fun!
I miss school so badly but I know it won't be long until we can go back. For those that don't know the deal here in England, at sixteen you do national big scary huge exams called GCSEs that go towards your university application and your CV and what sort of job you can do when you are older. I need at least an A in Maths, English and a Science to be a teacher (plus a degree, but that's not for a while yet!) which *should* be okay. I take English Literature, English Language, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry (all compulsory) and my own options are Religious Studies, Modern World History, German and Latin. I have 21 exams which end on 25th June and start on the 10th May so I'll hope I'll get to blog a little in that time but I'm afraid I'll be a little scarce for a while. But promise not to give up on me, okay?! :)
I hope I haven't bored you so with too many words (and not very nice ones at that) and not enough pictures. It'll be better tomorrow. I have my darling 6-year-old sweetheart of a cousin staying for the weekend and he loves to model for the camera...so in between revision (there it is again!) I'll be snapping some of him. I hope you all had a great day!
~ L. x

9 Comments:

Blogger Danna said...

ahh Lulu, I love your perspectives. You have a great eye and much natural talent. :-)

8:46 pm, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Good luck with the exams! I remember doing them, and at the time, they seem like these HUGE things, and scary. Then you get the other side, look back and think "That was scary?". Trust me - just know that on the other side, are bigger and better things.

I did Latin too! "O spring of Bandusia, more brilliant than glass, worthy of sweet wine and flowers too."

I had to memorise a poem for part of the written exam, and even now - 9 years later, those first few lines are engraved in my memory. Now THAT'S scary!

8:59 pm, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You have a beautiful view on life, and are a very talented person. Love the heart, I remember playing with chalk when I was a kid, oh that takes me back!:)

10:11 pm, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Angela said...

I just love reading your blog! You have such a different and fresh perspective on life. You are so educated and smart. Good luck on the examinations. I am sure you will make a wonderful teacher when you grow up!

I love side walk chalk! I play with it all the time with my children.

Your photos are lovely, as always. Really like the somplicity to these!

10:43 pm, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Oh Lulu, what a great post. I love the sidewalk chalk, although I'd like to see a whole quote too, I love Macbeth!

Good luck with the revision ;)

12:12 am, May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful..you amaze and inspire me, yet you are young enough to be my daughter. Never change.

5:36 pm, May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it. It's so positive and sunshine bright ... so summery and so full of emotion. Thanks.

5:37 pm, May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...love these shots!

5:37 pm, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS!!!! You'll do fabulous :)

6:22 am, May 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home