Friday, April 20, 2007

Happiness.

Funny how some things unleash a happiness in you, a stillness and a feeling of fulfilment that makes you stop and see how blessed you are? This song (on my blog) makes me feel like that. It makes me feel like I can do anything, go anywhere and be anyone I want to be. Gotta love Michael Buble (plus he's not bad looking either!)
I was thinking recently how excited I am about what the world holds in store for me. I am only young and I feel so invigorated by the prospect of growing up and meeting new people and doing things I had never dreamt of in my wildest dreams. I do love being a child. Of course, in most people's eyes I am not ...for I am sixteen, but for me I feel as if I am still one. Still involved in those fleeting young years of glorious summers and cold yet happy winters, years of perpetual happiness and a love for life that I hope will never leave me. Even when I "grow up".
I want to be able to look back on these times with a broad smile as wide as the Amazon and remember them with joy. That's why I adore photography, I suppose. And that's why I journal and write and compile my memory books from time to time. I added some pictures to my memory book today (I should have been studying, but which would you pick?!) ... my memory book is a beautiful parchment bound book with hundreds of pages waiting to be filled that I picked up at a Christmas market in Germany last year. It is not nearly full and the prospect of all those memories still waiting to happen, still waiting to be documented in my book, gives me a warm syrupy feeling like sweet toffee inside. I stick photographs and book tokens and train tickets and school lunch passes in it - all the little things I never want to forget. If you don't have one, you should make one. To hold it in your hands and know it is a document of YOU is simply wonderful. :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And it wouldn't be a proper entry without a colour picture, can you believe I just posted THREE images in B/W?!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
All @ 2.8, 1/160, ISO 200. Thank you so much for visiting, I appreciate your kindness more than words can say. :)
L x

14 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Great shots, love the perspective and angle of the black and white shots! You are very creative and I love the whole book thing, I don't have one but I do keep a box with all kinds of mementos through my life, that I can look back on.(Its a big box)

3:27 pm, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

I think that is such an awesome idea! I used to do that...a LOT. I would save little things here and there, and still have them. But I love the idea of putting it all together in a book!

4:31 pm, April 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the idea.
AND your b&ws!!!
somehow, they fit in the whole memory book theme really well. :)

btw, thanks for writing what you did on your last post. i love how youre always so positive :D

5:03 pm, April 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome and inspiring post! I love your words and I think that more of us, even me at 29, need to feel this way! :o)

12:46 am, April 22, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

Ahhh! You always say just what I need to hear. You put into words many of the feelings I have or have had so beautifully & effectively!

The things you say make me think of when I was young, just a child. I felt just like this, just like you feel now. And, just this weekend, I was reminded of those feelings and that "perpetual happiness" & "love of life" that I've let evade me. Not that I'm not happy or anything...I just don't think I'm living my life to it's fullest potential.

My hubby & I spent a night away this weekend, and I was reminded of some of the wonderful things that are missing in my life. The experiences & memories that you're eager to write about in your memory books...if I were to create a memory book, I know that I'd need to leave a blank page here or there for the moments that I missed. I'm hoping, now that I'm aware of it, that will no longer be the case.

And, I'm hoping for you, Lulu, that you always live life with such fervor & passion! You're inspiring. :-)

3:59 am, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Stacey C. said...

When the world weighs heavy on me, I know I can always top by Lulu's place for a pick me up!
Thanks love.

6:44 am, April 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, I had no idea your full name was Louise. I like that too. Louise is your morals and sense of class and dignity, whilst Lulu is your fun side and your friendly manner. :-)

Thanks for sharing your memory book. I think I might start one for my children; so they can remember their childhood. Please, don't worry as well, you will never lose that passion and zest you have for life. It is bursting from every cell of your body, we all can see.

12:18 pm, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Jennifer, thank you. :) The box sounds fun. Sifting through it and remembering things you had forgotten must be wonderful.

Melissa, thanks! You should definitely compile one. It's a lot of fun.

Christine, thanks! I think I am getting a little better at them! No problem, love ya!

Candy, thank you. I love to write. Off to visit your blog!

Amy, I read about your experience on your blog. I'm glad it was what you needed to re-evaluate your situation. :) Here's to happiness! And, thank you, it's lovely to know that other people can gain happiness from reading my thoughts...who would have ever thought...?! :P

Stacey, I'm mighty glad. Thank you. :)

Sarah, thanks girl. :) You are always so sweet to me! How are you getting on with your camera?

Thanks again everyone!

12:23 pm, April 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful words. beautiful.

12:24 pm, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

What a beautiful post, Lulu! I'm so refreshed to "know" a sixteen year old who thinks this way. Most that I know are so intent on growing up as quickly as possible that they don't enjoy being what they are right now. I'm glad to know there are people like you out there. Love the photos, that looks like a beautiful book and GOOD FOR YOU for posing so many in b&w :)

1:23 pm, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Virginia said...

Oh I looove your memory book! Your handwriting is gorgeous! I have a little journal I write in every now and then, but not often enough. And I agree completely with everything you wrote. :D

2:52 am, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Love your words Lulu- your positive outlook is like sunshine! Everytime I come to your post (which you know is often) it just makes me smile :)
Life is a great adventure! I share your love of learning and knowing that there's always more to learn, do, grow, be and people to meet :) I just had my Bday and every year I think- wow- I am SO lucky and blessed. And then a year later I find that I've had even more to be thankful for and happy about. It makes getting older not so rough! lol There's always more out there :)
I use to journal and keep photo albums/memory books as a child, teen and even in college. But haven't kept up. I really need to- your post has reminded me of that :)

7:45 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

loooooooooooove these lulu!!! I write in journals all the time! I have little snipets of things to remember and little stories of the funny things my kids are doing and saying. I talk about me and what I'm feeling and thinking during these seasons of my life...I think one day my kids will cherish the gift of memories I'll be leaving behind. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing this as well! I LOVE the photos you've captured of the memory book....especially the first one! LOVE IT!

2:13 pm, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

Awesome DOF here, lulu. I love your creativity.

6:28 pm, April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home