Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Good Friday. =)

Hope you all have a simply lovely Easter weekend. Don't eat too much chocolate. I have been studying, not too much but a little, and hoping to go to church on Sunday. We don't go that regularly but I just love it when we do. The community spirit is overwhelming and I love imagining that I am visitng God's house, so to speak. :)
Yesterday I watched the film "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants". I loved the books and I love the movie equally - everyone should watch it...it was beautiful. The music and the photography and the outfits...oh, it was just sincerely amazing! I didn't feel it as much in the books but in the film I realised how much like Lena I am. I don't think I have ever related to a character more than that EVER. It felt like finding a friend.
I practised in low light today, you can see those snaps on ILP, he is the sweetest 6-year-old ever. :) Well, I think so. He reminds me of a quotation I absolutely adore:
May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.~Irish Blessing
I wish this for him. Can you think of anything better? I know I can't. :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
ISO 800, 1/125, 1.8 with the 50mm
Does anyone here have the 85mm? I am considering this versus the 30mm, I could do with a telephoto. Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts! =) Thanks for reading.

14 Comments:

Blogger Virginia said...

I love that movie. Have you read all the books? And I love that quote (and of course the picture too!).

7:34 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

You've changed your log header again. I love it! Happy Good Friday to you too Miss Lulu

10:41 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

LOL blog (not log)

10:42 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love your music and your new header! Great photo, handsome boy! Happy Good Friday, and I really like that quote!

11:04 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I love this shot! Awesome lighting and your cousin is a great model. I hope you get a chance to go to church on Easter - I love Sundays, they're the best part of my week and Easter is the best one of all! :D

11:20 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks V, R and J! :)
Robyn...yep...but this one is staying for now!

10:18 am, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee!!!!!
This is my first ever time visitng your web log and I really enjoyed reading through all the archives.

You are the true definition of a free spirit. Yes, you are.

For the record I am Hannah - mother to 4.

10:21 am, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi It's Sarah again! I love this entry. That quotation defines your outlook perfectly does it not?

Great sharp eyes - and I am not even a photographer.

10:22 am, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visiting your blog makes me happy:)

5:29 pm, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thank you Sarah, Kim and Hannah. :) Do you have websites or blogs? I'd love to visit! :)

5:39 pm, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot.

8:43 am, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Amazing sharpness esp for 1.8!!
GREAT new tune- I really like it :)
Love the new header too.

7:45 pm, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Oh- and I've been thinking of getting another portrait lens too. I'm leaning to the 35mm 2.0 as sometimes my 50mm is too big- I have to move too far back. So for me- the 85mm would defeat the purpose :) lol
I did JUST order the Tamron 28-75 /2.8. I'm really hoping it's sharp- as that range I think will be perfect for me.

7:48 pm, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Ooo, have fun with the new lens Amy!

9:26 pm, April 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home