Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A scary afternoon!

This was a *dangerous* photograph to take. Nearly all my random shots in the week of my everyday life and things are taken in our garden, at the bottom, where the orchard is by the blackberry bush and the allotment and the thousands of purple hyacinths carpeting the orchard floor. It's just beautiful down there. Like a haven. I feel so lucky to have my little oasis of calm down there where I can read or sit or eat cake (think : yesterday!) or play around with the camera. I had laid a blanket down on the grass and was lying flat on my front taking pictures with one of our cats, Middie, by my side. We have new neighbours at the back of our garden and they had visitors who had a HUGE Rottweiler. HUGE. This dog was rampaging through their garden, literally tearing through the trees and the grape vines, and it heard me and my cat somehow...nope I wasn't talking to myself either! I am a huge fan of animals in general but this dog was seriously crazed. He was growling *very* ferociously at us, trying to cimb over the fence and I can't explain it well really...but he had this real menacing look in his eyes. I was terrified! He was growling and snarling and I just ran, thinking my kitten would follow me as she always does. But she was just paralysed with fear. My sister was inside and I was screaming and shouting "Quick Eleanor! Middie's going to be mangled by that dog! Quick!" I love my cats so much and I was hysterical by this point that this dog was going to kill her. So inside I run, in a crazy frenzy of panic and tears, open the kitchen draw and pull out a pair of salad servers! LOL! Like that'll help. I ran back into the garden to look for Middie and she is still about 3m from the dog who is growling at her really viciously.... He tried to jump over the fence but fell back and I ran (looking like a complete psychotic with salad servers in my hand) and scooped up the cat and back to our house. Just in time. The dog managed to jump over the fence and was tearing through our garden...eating everything in sight. Thank goodness I got to her in time! I must be truly blessed is all I can say. Eventually the owners came round and apologised and said he was meant to wear a muzzle all the time...and, woah, it was just very frightening. So this was the shot I took just before that nasty canine appeared! @ 1.8, 1/340, ISO 100. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I didn't get to take any more shots because I was worried that the evil dog would come tearing back into our orchard so...I stayed inside! Well, I sure hope those visitors go home soon so I can have my little quiet spot back again. =) See you tomorrow...Amy, I promise to answer your question about colour workflow then!

~ Love, hearts and kisses....Lulu

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,
I have seen your name on ILP and other photog's blogs... and decided to come for a visit.
I love your name - this is what drew me to you - I think .. and your AVATAR pic .. Anyway ..
This pic is stunning ... I love the comp and color ..
It's a really cute pic .. too bad you couln'd take any more!! :)

8:05 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger In-Focus said...

Can't blame you for being terrified! And I totally relate to how you feel about your kitties. Anytime I hear a hawk outside, I grab my cats and bring them inside! Hopefully, those people won't bring that dog back again!

8:19 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Sarah Goblot said...

OMG A muzzle...how will that stop the dog from jumping over the fence again. Just awful. I think you should make an official complaint.

9:01 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Ariana Sullivan said...

!!!

Lulu! I am so glad you and your kitty are safe! That story was totally frightening! I would have peed my pants, I am SO scared of dogs, lol.
I completely, completely, completely love that picture! Is that a little toy dollhouse?? SO cute!
I really admire your still life (is that what they're called?) shots. That's an area of photography you seem to excel at and I fail miserably at, lol.

2:19 am, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I HATE scary dogs!!!

4:26 am, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh no, that is so scary! I am so glad you got your kitty (and yourself) out in time. I can relate because our backyard neighbors have an evil Rottweiler and I am terrified of it. It throws itself at the fence trying to get at me and my dog when I let her out (especially at night). I am worried that it will get through someday like that one did. I am not scared of most dogs, but when their body language says "I want to hurt you," it is SCARY! People should train their dogs properly to begin with. :( That is a big pet peeve of mine. (And no, I didn't even intend the pun until after I wrote it!)
Anyway, the picture is lovely! I can't wait until the flowers start blooming here. :)

1:59 am, March 30, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

Thank goodness for salad servers LOL. Kidding! I'm glad you saved your kittie (and yourself). Cool pic - as usual!!!

2:44 am, March 30, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Um, YIKES!!!

You're so brave :wub: <-- (I trust you know what that is haha)

Cool pic. I'll show you my similar little house once we get some flowers here. Love the DOF here, and the setup inside the house!

4:24 am, March 30, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Oh no! Scary dog :(
Glad you and your kitty are okay!
Great photo- I love your color!!!

6:13 am, March 30, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

so glad you survived this near attack!!! I would have peed my pants too!! (as ariana said) anyway...this shot is SUPERB!!! love love love it!

as always!!! :)

2:02 pm, March 30, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks everyone. *kisses* to you all. :)

2:30 pm, March 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home