Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I have comments....

Excuse me for my rather pathetic observation...it's just that it's simply lovely to know tga people are really reading my blog and enjoying it. :)

I took quite a few photographs today, it's great that evenings are so light now, but I don't have much to share from today. They all came out different than I had expected and I am sure you are all bored to death of grape hyacinths .... we must have a million and three in our garden! I did snap a few keepers - just some of my sister's red cake for her best friend, there was some leftover so I got to eat it in our orchard with all the bluebells and the daffodils and hyacinths. A Proper Picnic. For some reason she decided (along with her crazy friend Rachel) to stain the actual cake, yes not the icing, red with food colouring so it tasted good but looked like they'd murdered someone over it!!!!!! I'm not surprised that there were leftovers! LOL.

So, my cake : sitting pretty @ 2.5, 1/800 and ISO 200. =) It's kind of a rubbish photograph but such a blog post would not be complete without a visit from today's red cake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my motto for life. Love it. Love life. Isn't that what it's all about in the end? Have a good time. Let your kids jump on their beds, host tea parties in the heart of summer for Piglet and Pooh, dance to your heart's content and sing to anyone who can hear even if you can't carry a tune. Because if you don't, you'll just wish you had. Love is the basis of it all. I was thinking today and it's just like Mama Younger says in 'A Raisin in the Sun'....
"There's always something left to love. If you ain't learnt that you ain't learned nothing."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger mindy~ree said...

lulu....I seriously love this blog! I love your words, your pictures, your outlook on life!! I love it all!!

The "love life" shot...simply PERFECTION!

1:48 am, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Ok first of all, that cake looks *delicious.* Can I come over? I can be there in.. 10 hours? :)

Second of all, blog visitor happiness is not pathetic. At least I hope not since I love my new visitors too ;)

Third of all, Lulu I absolutely love you. Sooo much. Your blog always makes me happy, and you have an awesome way of saying things that I (and I'm sure many people) want to say but can't say nearly as nicely as you do. That love life picture is amaaaazing. Colour and DOF are perfect, I love your hanging stars, the ladybug pin is too cute, and even the handwriting is perfect. I love it. I want to print it on Moo cards and hand it out on the subway train every morning. Perfect.

Hmm ok have I gushed enough? You're awesome. Come to Toronto please!

2:17 am, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

FABULOUS Color!!!! I would LOVE to know what you do in your post-processing to get such fabulous color!! Or if nothing- what settings do you use for your color space and parameters? I just switched from sGBG to Adobe RGB to experiment as I heard it's better...but I can't get my color to POP- at least not like you do here! So share your secret pretty please with sugar on top :)

5:56 am, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

lulu, your pictues and words are a breath of fresh air for me. you are delightful! your delight in life and photography is so simple and unpretentious. the cake does look yummy!

6:27 am, March 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you ever become so wise? Your words, your photographs...the way you see the world....it is truly a breath of fresh air (and sunshine) to visit your blog.
thankyou:)

11:08 am, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

lulu, I love your blog!!! its so heart-warming. And yes, can I copy the shoes shot?!?! LOL!!! I just love it!

Thanks for all the inspiration. What's your exposure on the first picture? its TDF! =)

12:55 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

These are so fun, so playful, Lulu! I love your outlook on life, and your photography always seems to reflect that. I just adore both of these photos! :-)

3:43 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Wow, everyone...thank you so much. You are all too sweet to me. *kisses*
I will answer any q.s in my blog post. :)

7:02 pm, March 28, 2007  
Blogger Leah said...

Lulu, I love the cake shot! Your words and photos remind me so much of my sister. I love visiting your blog!

10:34 pm, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home