Thursday, March 22, 2007

Texture - the fad of the season.

Good Evening! First I must thank everyone who sent get well wishes to me via this blog - they worked an absolute charm and I feel much better! I am also truly sorry that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday in between glasses of honey and lemon, spoonfuls of echinaea (is that how you spell it? anyway, my mum obssesses over it!) and sleep. I can quite confidently - touch wood - say that I am going back to school tomorrow! Yay! I hate missing school; I always feel like I am missing the biggest party of the year or something. :)

Today I got up my nerve, bar an overstatement, and tried MANUAL. Yep, ladies and gents...good ol' manual! I used to shoot manual all the time with my film camera, as conveniently it was the only mode it possessed, and I did too with my D-SLR in December. But then I got a case of laziness and was pure idle. Aperture priority let me concentrate on composition and DOF and it was all I ever ever ever used! So now I'm a manual user. =) LOL, I feel like I've been through rehad having to part with Av but I'm just about okay! :D

Now, enough rambling...well, a little more! Sor-ry! I also had to jump in on the texture craze that's flitting around like fireflies. It's soooo cool. You should all try it! I found my textures via http://www.textureking.com/ (thanks Jeanette!) So I hereby present my first ever textured photograph *and* one of my first photos in manual on my D-slr. I'm a convert for life! And for those of you reading who like to know the settings, like me (!), this was shot @ ISO 400, f/2.8 and 1/160. *sigh* i do so love my camera..it's perfect for me...the noise at high ISOs is plentiful and the shutter is loud and meaty...almost old-school! LOL (it's a Canon 300D). Anyway, enough of my chatter...I'm sure you were bored long ago. See you, love Miss Lulu! =)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

18 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Love your blog and pretty picture I like the texture.

7:50 pm, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lulu~
fun blog! this is a very cool piccie.
see you soon~ em.

9:07 pm, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at your photographs. Thanks for posting.

9:07 pm, March 22, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

Oh gorgeous picture!

9:22 pm, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great work! interesting blog:-D

1:11 am, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Very cool, Lulu. The texture makes it look like a painting! Great colour. I need to try this.

2:09 am, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Very cool!! I'll have to check out the texture link - thanks :)
Glad you are feeling better!

8:44 am, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

thanks for sharing all the information and how to's...I'll try this one. I love your blog and so jealous of your profile picture! =)

2:12 pm, March 23, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

Very nice! I love what you did with the image using textures.

Using textures is a lot of fun and some of the images can be quite interesting.

You can also scan scrapbooking paper to use as textures. That's what I do, but I just have to get around to actually doing it more :)

2:37 pm, March 23, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

oooohh this is niiiiiice!!! I like the texture!! I haven't used them before...thanks for the link! I haven't updated my blog all week, sorry!! I have missed you too...thanks for the comment! ;) I really love this picture...and you have inspired me to check out some textures...and even play around with manual...which I do from time to time...but I'm pretty lazy!! Hey...since you are so into school and proper language stuff...does it bother you when I use this "dot dot dot" (...) over and over when it really isn't needed?! Just curious!! I love the ... :)

Have a great day! I'm glad you are feeling better!!! (by the way, I'm totally missing those "QUOTATIONS!") ;)

3:48 pm, March 23, 2007  
Blogger In-Focus said...

Very cool..now I am off to check out the textures...glad you are feeling better.

3:57 pm, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for you trying manual! There is no stopping you Lulu! Cool picture and I love coming here and read...

9:15 pm, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

lulu, i'm glad you're feeling better. the pic is so pretty and i really like the texture. :)

11:20 pm, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Katie said...

This is a beautiful picture! I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

3:57 am, March 24, 2007  
Blogger A Thousand Words Photography said...

This looks so very water color-y! Gorgeous...you are so creative! Love your new header too :)

1:32 pm, March 24, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks everyone. :)

1:43 pm, March 24, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lulu, this photo should be on a card. It is gorgeous, texture and all.

2:40 pm, March 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love how the texture looks here! :)

4:08 pm, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home