Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pandemonium.

Woah, this my third time writing this post! Kept getting a blogger error. :(
Life has been busy. I went to a study skills course on Monday and Tuesday which was a lot of fun and really helpful. Met some nice kids too! Today I had to go to the dentist. My biggest phobia is needles, it stays with me all the time, and so you can just imagine my reaction when I found out my filling needs replacing next week. I figure I'll try to keep it out of mind until then.

Mindy, you'll be pleased to know I found my camera! My mummy put it in the kitchen cabinet for safe-keeping. Phew! It was killing me to not be able to shoot when the light outside was so beautiful. Thankfully I found it around 4 so there was still some nice light left! I shot manual again and it really did make a difference to the quality of my shots. Truly! The first one is SOOC. I'll share settings because my EXIF always gets wiped out when I convert from RAW - anyone know what is up with that? :)

@ 1.8, 1/1000, ISO 100
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also made a tutu out of some leftover tulle that I found lying around our house. Only me (or my sister, in a rare compromising mood, to model it) so the chair had to suffice. Fun though! I really like the colour. =)
@ 2.8, 1/800, ISO 200
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really need to get some portraits of my sister...she has grown so much that she needs all new clothes! 12-year-old growth spurt I guess! We are lucky to be able to have such luxuries, a lot of people don't. I always try to be grateful for that, although I sometimes forget.
@ 1.8, 1/400, ISO 100
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by,. I really do appreciate it! love Miss Lulu. ;)

18 Comments:

Blogger A Thousand Words Photography said...

Oh, Lulu! You really do have *the* most wonderful images! You are so creative, fresh, fun and friendly. Your posts make me smile! Thanks for brightening my day! :)

12:07 am, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu! I'm so glad you found your camera. Great shots, those flowers are beeeeeautiful and the tutu and clothes are great too. Your sharpness at 1.8 is awesome, I can never get that with mine. Hopefully because it's a bad copy ;)

Your colour is always so amazing, and really gives a light, fresh feel which is so nice to see. Especially on a dreary day like today. Sorry to hear about the dentist.. Imagine you're a superhero! And the song "Put your records on" by Corinne Bailey Rae always cheers me up when I'm down/worried. I've been listening to it before exams lately haha. It's sort of silly but it works.

Love you!

3:36 am, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

I love that song, Ellen! Thanks!

7:09 am, April 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the tutu, it's so cool!

8:45 am, April 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have come so far Miss Lulu. I love reading your blog even though I do not always comment and you are so wise for such a young girl. I know you will grow up to do great things.
I really love your new music by the way. I love Paolo Nuntini (sp?). ;-))

8:47 am, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks Sarah. :) I love you too. I heard that song in the dentist, of all places, and really like it. The lyrics are really inspiring too.

8:47 am, April 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, your blog is just amazing. You have a totally fun outlook on everything and your writing is rivalled to Shakespeare! You are as virtuous as an angel and that makes this a great read. Good luck at the dentist.

12:21 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

I'm so glad the camera turned up. I know how I'd feel if mine went so i can understand how you felt. Graet tutu and the model looks very cooperative! Usually my tutu models move a lot faster than that LOL

1:14 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

woah girl! that first one is beeeeeeeautiufl!!! wow!! wow!! wow!!

(did I say wow?!)

love it!!! The DOF is AMAZING! The color is PERFECT!!!

Your pictures are always so bright and crisp and I love that!!!

1:46 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE the DOF in that first shot. Gorgeous color in all of your shots as always.

1:57 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you found your camera, I would be panicing! Hey great photos love the colors in all of them, great job! You like the color purple don't you? Love the music on your blog!

3:03 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

hey, the new song really fits your blog! i LOVE LOVE LOVE the dof on #1, just love the grass. #2 is so adorable, I cracked up when I saw it. You are really going to knock people's socks off when you are an adult because you are amazing now.

And I just read your comment on my blog, Lulu. I used my 50mm, which is almost always on my camera. :)

3:07 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Virginia said...

OK I finally got a blog, so I think I can finally leave you a comment now! I'm loving your photos! They are so bright and fun. :)

3:10 pm, April 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful images! I love the new header!!! Sooo happy your found your camera, too! Shew, that was probably a scary moment!

8:38 pm, April 05, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

How awful not to know where your camera is. Glad all is well there.

Beautiful images. I LOVE the color

1:47 am, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I love your new blog header! The first picture here is awesome too. Glad you found your camera. :)
I don't like going to the dentist either - I'm afraid they will want to pull out my wisdom teeth, so I'm avoiding them as much as I can these days!

6:55 pm, April 06, 2007  
Blogger my5_kidz said...

Swesome shots! Just love the tutu!

8:49 pm, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Gorgeous color as always!!!
Can't wait to see the tutu in action :)

7:42 pm, April 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home