Sunday, April 01, 2007

[insert creative title] :)

Hello everyone! I'm back! Thanks for all your beautiful comments on the last post, it's really nice to have comments and people reading my blog. I know, I know...I say it everytime but it's true! I promise!

This might well be a *long post* (well, I have to make up for yesterday's absence, don't I?!) so if you hate rambles close the window right NOW! LOL. First, I'm glad you all found my post-processing stuff interesting as only fellow photographers would. Stacey, sorry I was mean to your JPEGs but I do love my RAW! To answer questions, I shoot in Adobe RGB as my colour space and my camera parameters are +1 contrast and +2 sharpening. Everything else is at the big zero. :)

Now we have the boring stuff out of the way let's get onto the more interesting (well, hopefully) stuff. I loved being at my grandad's house. My grandmother died 18 months ago, she had Alzheimer's, and my grandfather is one of the strongest people I know. He cared for her right until the end even though she had no idea who he was anymore and he's still smiling today. In fact, he laughs at everything! I love my grandad.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was nice being able to spend 'quality time' with my sister too. She's the complete opposite to me...pretty cheeky, very loud, boisterous, funny and very sporty. We're best friends all the same. Well, most of the time anyway! We had Easter egg hunts in our grandfather's garden and we played cards and hide and seek and it was just fun. He lives in the heart of the countryside and we don't often stay the night so it was nice to this once. just one snap I loved...my sister was co-operative for photos, as long as her face wasn't in it! LOL! Defeats the object really but of course I didn't turn down the chance. :) B&W or colour?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My grandfather has an equally mischevious dog, a Westie...a nice dog who doesn't try to kill you and your cat. I love little Tilly Mint...such a sweetheart! We had ice-cream today and she gave me these massive impossible-to-refuse puppy dog eyes until I gave her some. She sure knows how to get her way, that one, but seriously you just can't say no to her! My mum and I took her for loads of walks since my grandad lives literally in a filed by the beach. I didn't get many beach pictures sadly because it was so windy and I was told to be careful because the sand can get in yours lens focusing mechanism and make it faulty so I was kinda wary about that! Did get a couple of keepers from our early morning walks though. :) It's lambing season too so there were beautiful baby lambs in all the fields, some of them only hours old. One came up and nuzzled into my legs and my heart just stood still for a moment, it was so beautiful and fluffy and young.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See, aren't the lambs just gorgeous? *insert massive red heart*! We also went to this beautifuly dinky little shop by the beach where my mum bought some cute birthday presents for her friends and some fun Easter treats. It was run by these two Danish ladies who were totally cool and talked to use for hours! They even gave me this special sweetie thingymajig they had left over from Christmastime and as soon as I saw it, I just thought how perfect it would be in a picture. I couldn't bear to eat any because it was so pretty so I left it with my grandad! Isn't it just sooo cute? :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I told you so! Anyway, my mum wants me to teach her photography. I said I would, in the summer, and it'll be nice to actually have some photos of me. I cannot wait until the long glorious summer after my exams when I'll have nothing to do but laze around in the sun and take pictures and read long novels. *sigh* Pure bliss. Here's one my mum took of me today though, excuse the film-starrish look going on....LOL I look a bit haughty I guess but I promise I'm not at all! LOL. Isn't my mum a pretty good photog? This was practically sooc for her minus sharpening!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And's that's it! Wow, what a big post! I swear I have never posted that many images in one go. Hope I didn't bore you tooooooo much. :) Thanks for reading. Love Miss Lulu.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those lambs are soooo cool! Love this "long" post! :o)

11:20 pm, April 01, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

lulu...I am not even kidding, that picture of your grandfather is the best I have seen in a while. I seriously love it!! It tells a story...I almost know him just from looking at this photograph!! It is beautiful!!!!!!!

(the others and your story are all quite pleasing to the eye as well!) ;)

oh and you are too cute in the pic of you!! love the glasses! ;)

11:33 pm, April 01, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

Great Post. As usual you made my day better - you made me smile!!!

12:29 am, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Carley Zarzeka said...

lulu,
i totally agree with what mindy- ree sadi, your picture tells a story. All of our pictures do! Thank you for being one of the only people who visit our blog.
- Carley

12:44 am, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Wow, these are all awesome! I saw the picture of your grandfather and thought, "That's a wonderful portrait; I'll have to comment." Then I saw the other pictures and they are perfect too! The lambs are adorable.
It's great that your mom wants to learn photography as well. It looks like she will be really good at it!

1:02 am, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Welcome back!

Love the photo of your grandfather, you'll treasure that forever and he sounds like an amazing man. Love your conversion on it.

Ok, those lambs are SO cute. I want to go hug them!

Definitely colour for the easter egg shot.

Very cool Christmas candy thingy. I want to eat it, I'm starving!

I answered you on the comments from my last post, so go check. I forget what I said so I can't say it again. Lol.

2:31 pm, April 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post so much! Your colors are great and love the dof always. These lambs are so cute, and the sweets, and the easter egg, and your grandfather picture is wonderful!

2:49 pm, April 02, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

Wow, Lulu! I loved this post...EVERY SINGLE thing about it! The photos are beautiful, the journaling is beautiful. It makes me feel young again because I can so relate to a lot of what you said about summertime & grandpa's house. :-)

The little lambs...SO sweet! Beautiful picture. LOVE the picture of your grandfather, too. It made me smile.

And YOU! You're just gorgeous! your mom did a fantastic job!!! Won't it be a special treat that you and your mom can share a love of photography?

Wonderful post, Lulu!

7:19 pm, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can feel your emotion in these photos as I read the story along with them, truely meaningful! Great colors and beautiful caputres!

1:29 pm, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Ariana Sullivan said...

Oh Lulu, the more I read from you, the more I like you :)
Your posts are the cheeriest posts ever! I always leave your blog with a smile and a positive outlook.

Your lengthy post flew by, you are a gifted writer and make me feel like I am there at your grandpa's with you :)
Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous, gorgeous. I am SO jealous of the baby lambs you got to see. I had baby lambs when I was younger and they were so sweet.

2:09 pm, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

Darling pictures! I love the one of your grandfather and the sheep are adorable. Looks like fun! :)

7:37 pm, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your photos are always so bright and beautiful. I just love the shot of your grandfather. I never have a problem reading through your posts. You certainly have a way with words. :)

12:55 am, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Fabulous photos- I love the one of your grandfather- great conversion. The lambs are too cute!!

I love that you are going to give your mom lessons. :) Life is full circle sometimes isn't it?! :)

9:17 am, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love the photo of your grandad .. it's breathtaking - plus it's probably really special to you!
and the lambs - OMG don't even get me started on them!! How cute are they?? WOW!!
and this photo is amazing .. how'd you get the sky that color!! Just beautiful!!

11:50 am, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Jeremi said...

lulu, wow girl you've come a long way since I've last visted one of your blogs! WTG!! I love those little lambs, totally made me smile!
Great job girl, what camera you shooting with these days?

2:45 pm, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks everyone! :) So much!

Jeremi, yeah, I swear that I last spoke to you in May last year or something crazy like that! A used 300D and the 50mm....although soon to be an 85mm as well. :D

4:53 pm, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Jeremi said...

Ah cool! You are doing awesome with it! Keep up the great work, you will be wildly successful!

I've got you in my blogline now so I'll check back often! :)

11:20 pm, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, once again, what incredibly beautiful pictures!!! The photo of your Grandad is priceless and the shot of the baby lambs is unreal. Your style screams "FUN" and I love your vibrant and rich colors. I think you've convinced me to try RAW!!! I always leave your blog with a smile. Your journaling and photography is fantastic!

3:23 am, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks Mona and Jeremi. :) Jeremi, will add you to my links list!

8:33 am, April 05, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

Love the lamb photos -- beautiful!

1:48 am, April 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home