Thursday, April 12, 2007

Can you turn my black roses red?

Do you like my music? I just love it. It's from my favourite film in the whole word, and it epitomises my day today. Such a down day, constantly worrying about my dentist appointment, but when I got there I was fine and the new dentist ('the cackling witch' as we affectionately nicknamed her emigrated to Australia) was absolutely lovely. So you could definitely say my black roses turned red. My mouth is still numb (I had to have a whopping FIVE injections but they didn't really hurt) but I feel like the bravest girl in the world! :)
My cousin came round for tea and we played in our blue tent that I love to snuggle up in at twilight and read, or more likely these days revise! I was telling him about my oh-so-not-bad ordeal at the dentist and he relished in relaying every detail about his latest visit to the 'tooth doctor' (tell me that is not adorable!) ... when they sedated him to take two teeth out, he said the needle went so deep it almost came out of the other side of his hand! :P He was happier than he looks in that second one, btw! For those that asked, this little guy is also the one who graces my header image ~ Thomas, his name is. =)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And, lastly, my brown dress. This dress is pretty new but I just love it! I practically *live* in dresses in the spring and summer...and skirts. My friends think it's a little weird that I won't wear mini-skirts or anything but I love how I dress! The only stipulation is that they have to 'twirl'. =P So that when I spin around or dance or jump, they spin with me. I just love that feeling, kwim? So when I saw my little brown dress hanging on the washing line, with the gorgeous light and blue skies, I had to snap it. Mundane as it may seem, I love this dress. My old faithful. ;) ISO 100, 1.8, 1/1600
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks for reading ~ I truly truly do appreciate your kind words and comments. :) ~ lulu

15 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

As always you never fail to show your true talent, great photos love how you captured the moment and the mood! I love this song, it kind of reminds me of a song that I like dirty laundry! Great work!!!

7:14 pm, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Tanya said...

You are so talented and creative. I always have a smile when I visit your blog. You are so refreshing.

10:33 pm, April 12, 2007  
Blogger willowonthewater.com said...

Love the song. Need to add the film to my Netflix as I haven't seen it yet. I loved the book, and hopefully will enjoy the movie as much. Great song, think I'll download the whole soundtrack. Looks like a good one.

You make me smile with the twirly skirts! When I was little, I had the same requirement. But mine was so that my britches with the lace ruffles across the bottom could be seen! I wasn't very modest, and I truly loved those panties! Sorry, that was probably TMI. :o)

Love your photos. So happy for you that you got some prints. It makes a huge difference to be able to touch them and watch the light play differently off of them.

11:53 pm, April 12, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

I'm so glad your dentist appointment didn't go so bad after all! I know what you mean, though. I had to have some serious dental work a couple years ago, and the thought of it haunted me for DAYS leading up to the appointment! LOL! It turned out to be not so bad, too! :-)

I love the photos of your cousin. He's such a cute kid, and I think your blog header is just perfect!

And, Lulu, can I just say that I love that you only where skirts & dresses that twirl!?! Too cute! If my girls grow up to be half as respectable, feminine, wise & joyful as you are, I'll be thrilled!

5:37 am, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

I LOVE the dress photo- and that little man is adorable! I think you definately look like family- simliar features :)

I agree with Amy C's sentiment- I'd feel so pleased if my DD grew up to be as lovely as you :)

8:14 am, April 13, 2007  
Blogger A Thousand Words Photography said...

As always, Lulu, you are amazing, inspiring and fresh! :) Keep 'em coming!

11:47 am, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu, I love this song! We should have a travelling flowy skirt ;)

Great pics as always, I really love the second one of your cousin. He must love coming to play with you, it sounds like so much fun!

2:44 pm, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thank you everyone. I am sure your daughters will grow up MUCH nicer than me! I can be really mean sometimes! :P Love you all!

Ellen..totally! That made me giggle! :P

4:30 pm, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Angela said...

This song is beautiful! As is your photos! You are such an amazingly talented girl! I really enjoy visiting your blog!

11:11 pm, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

As usual Lulu you brighten my day.

11:47 pm, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This music is the best .. I love it! Off to "limewire" it :o)
These photos are stunning .. I love your conversion in #2 .. Just stunning ..

12:44 am, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

cackling witch, eh? lol i'm glad your appointment is done and went fine.

i LOVE #2, such a beautiful conversion and lovely eyes.

the dress shot is great too. i love how you shot up and into the sky to get it.

5:36 am, April 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lu! love these ones. he's so cute and seems like a fun model.

3:21 pm, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words. :)

3:21 pm, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Stacey C. said...

GOODNESS Lu!
How did I miss this B&W portrait of your cousin. That is one of your best images!
~Stacey

2:21 am, April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home