Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I got my first prints. :)

Today. It was so exciting to come downstairs this morning and find the envelope sitting on the doormat, just waiting to be ripped open and oohed and aahed over. :) That's just what I did! My aunt gave me a beautiful photograph album for my birthday and I filled some of the pages with the pictures; I could look at it for hours. Just the feel and the beautiful memories I will forever treasure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today I feel happy. It's just past noon, and although I have a ton of things to get on with - Latin, History, posting letters, Chemistry, tidying my room - I feel relaxed. Do you ever have days like that? Everything just seems perfect. It isn't - but when you string all the little things together, think of all the minute good things in your day; you have reasons as big as this world to be happy about. :) Just something I realised once and although I often forget how lucky I am, I remembered today how cherished we truly are.
I think it was the music that did it. :) I love music. It has such power to evoke memories and emotions - you can cry with it, laugh, dance...anything you want! It's beautiful. I was listening to a favourite song and I just wanted to get up and dance...twirl around and let my dress swirl around me and my hair too. KWIM? Music can make or break a film, make you think of people or events you thought you had forgotten and instil in us a happiness that we never knew was possible. *sigh* What a great thing. (The track was Unwritten, Ellen you'd like it!)
I also want to thank everyone who makes this blog what it is. I love coming back to read comments and to respond to questions. It's great. So thanks. A million. ~ Lulu

18 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lulu, I am so happy for you, and your right when you think about the small things and put them together it does make things seem perfect. I love music too, if I'm down and I turn on music I can cheer up instantly!!! Love your photo album beautiful colors. Is it a silk material?

2:07 pm, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your post .. it's true ..
And I am glad you are Happy .. I am happy too .. with life in general .. and really embrace the gifts that have been given to us ..
(especailly photography :o)
Kidding!! thanks for the beautiful post!!

2:36 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

That was beautiful, Lulu, every part! That's an awesome album, love the material. You prints look great. What size(s) did you get?

You know I feel the same way about music. It really can just pick you up and make you dance through everything. And you're right, I love that song :)

Glad you're having a happy day. I love those.

2:44 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Jennifer, thanks. :) I'm not sure, I know it was from WH Smith's but it does feel lovely. :) I could stroke it all day. LOL.

Julie, thanks. Glad you're happy too! :P

Ellen...I knew it! I got 5x7s and the same in 4x6s because i had some print credits for free 4x6s. Can't wait to order my next batch! :P Thanks!

5:12 pm, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin' your album Lulu. So pretty.

5:56 pm, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to print some pictures too. I always forget to. thanks for the reminder. yours look fab. do you print at whcc?

5:57 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks Sarah! :)

Hannah, I guess it's you as anonymous? if not, sorry! I don't know, because I live in England. I print through a site called PhotoBox and they're pretty cheap plus offer next day delivery for no extra charge!

5:58 pm, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it was Hannah. Sorry. I should start using the Other box and put Hannah in the name part. Hope to see you soon :)

6:10 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

LOL, no problem! :) And now I had better stop commenting on my own blog...how sad! :P

6:10 pm, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love getting prints thru the mail as well. @ the moment I have a couple coming of the kids and I am way excited. so fun!

6:11 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

LOVE the music!

Your album is beautiful. I love the colors.

Good to hear you are having a great day :)

11:04 pm, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Sindee said...

Hi Lulu, I've been a lurker of your blog for a little while and decided to make myself known. I think you are an awesome photographer and an inspirational writer. We could all take a lesson from you on the value of life. Thanks for making it real for all of us!

12:30 am, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Virginia said...

Pretty album! I haven't gotten prints in awhile. I need to do that! I completely agree about music. Some songs make me happy, some help when I'm sad, and a few bring back memories. I love it! :)

12:54 am, April 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That album is gorgeous! And how fun that you filled it with wonderful prints! :o)

1:17 am, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Louisa said...

Looks like a beautiful album. I love the color on the outside as well. As a sidenote - I'm not on your 365 list, how sad (boo hoo). Ha ha, just kidding. I know you comment on mine from time to time.

1:20 am, April 12, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

Oh, Lulu, I just posted similar thoughts on my own blog. Seriously...you're a girl after my own heart. You remind me a lot of me when I was younger because you're so carefree. I used to let music take me away. I agree that it's such a powerful thing.

The album is so charming. I love seeing your handwriting there next to the photos. Beautiful!

5:50 am, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Lulu I'm totally in sync with you- music can be SO powerful, and reach deep down into your soul. :)
Your ever positive outlook is refreshing, and inspiring....and so true :)

8:12 am, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

gorgeous album, lulu! i love seeing your vivid pictures in it. :)

5:34 am, April 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home