Monday, April 30, 2007

Did you miss me?

Did you? These last few days have been action-packed, utterly chaotic, hectic, crazy and above all, FUN! You know when life speeds up so fast that you have no choice to fall head over heels in love with it and go along for the ride? That's what it has been like. In between exam revision, homework, a certain aunt's birthday, cycle rides, cooking, reading, a visit to Casualty with my sister, sun, rain and love; I STILL managed to snap lots of pictures. Hope you're ready to see lots!

Friday was fabulous. :) As always! School was the utmost fun and then I cycled over to Brownies; who were as delighted to see me as I was to see them. We had three new Brownies; K, L and K; who are adorably sweet and who I cannot wait to get to know better. Everyone got delightfully dizzy on the tyre swing in the park and exclaimed "Make Me Giddier" at least 100 times over!

Yesterday it was my aunt's birthday so she came over and we had a little party, with cake of course! It was chocolate and had chocolate sprinkles all over it that perfectly contrasted with the pure white icing...I know, it's only a cake but w/e! :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then we all went to the a nearby woods...since I last visited the trees have grown glorious green leaves and the ground has bloomed into colour with bluebells and elderflower and apple trees as far as the eye can see. I LOVE summer - the season of flowers and ice-cream and sun and holiday and bliss...and I can just tell in my heart that it is on its way!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I absolutely promised Cousin Thomas that I would share the following picture, and how could I not! He just learnt to ride his bicycle without stabilisers/training wheels and although the tyres were flat as can be he had SO much fun! Congratulations Tom!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today's picture is of me, well sort of! :) I have the blondest hair which is subject to rather a lot of torment (as well as admiration :P as the majority of my class is of Asian descent and have dark hair) and Ellen inspired me to break out the wide angle and have a go at including some of me in pictures! So I did. *skip the following if you HATE lens talk!*...I had forgotten how much I love playing around with 18mm, so much so that I might swap my 35mm for a 17-50mm 2.8 or something. :) Yay! Anyways...me and my hair....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also want to thank everyone for being so encouraging, so kind and so sweet! And those who read everyday! Yes, that means YOU! Yes, YOU! :P I don't know what I'd do without you! Anyway, happy days! I promise never to not blog for that long again! Promise!

Love your friend, Lulu. =)

10 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I love the details on that cake, looks yummy!

Flowers are beautiful and that's such a cool shot of your hair ribbon. It took me a minute to realize that you were holding the camera over your head. I LOVE it!

Awesome bw of the boy on the bike too.

6:48 pm, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What a creative picture of 'you'. AH! Love that! It's such a big deal when little kiddos learn how to ride a bike without any help. What an accomplishment. Again..love your photos and your blog. :D

7:53 pm, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Louisa said...

Mmmm, love bluebells - great shot.

1:01 am, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

I missed you, I missed you!! I kept refreshing just in case I was somehow missing a post.

Love all of these, that cake looks delicious (I think it would taste good with a vanilla milkshake!) and you know already that I love the flowers and the bike. Awesome shot of your hair, yours is blonder than mine but still in the same family of colours :) Loving the wide angle... I think I may get the Canon 17-55 2.8 for my graduation, sooo excited. Still torn though, I really loved that 10mm. I'm sure the 35 is great, but wide angle is so fun!

Welcome back. Please don't leave again ;)

2:23 am, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Angela said...

Your photos always have such lovely and fresh colors. I really like the hair shot! Cool angle!

3:22 am, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Lulu your color is always so amazing- I could just bask in it all day long! It makes me happy :)

8:19 am, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I did miss you lulu, glad your back! These photos are so fresh and fun, I love cake and chocolate! Yum Yum! Your flower pictures are always so beautiful!

2:34 pm, May 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu .. that cake pic is amazing ..
I love everything about it!!
and your colors rock!!
I love these - and yes we missed you!!

3:49 pm, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I only found your Blog at the weekend, so if I say I also missed you, does it count? ;-)

Your enthusiasm and energy for life comes through in your photos, well done!

5:57 pm, May 01, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

love these lulu!! I am really loving the shot of your hair!!! so beautiful!

3:57 pm, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home