Sunday, April 22, 2007

I make FAB milkshakes. ;)

Today my 35mm broke! :( I just think I'm lucky I have another lens (the 50), what would I do if I didn't? :) Phew! So it's back to the 50mm. Hopefully I can give it back as I only got it last week and it has a 6 month warranty anyway. It completely refuses to focus, and in manual focus the focus ring becomes stuck. Shame but it could be worse, of course!
I took a lot of pictures today, at random intervals in between making vanilla milkshakes with my sister - we make the best milkshakes EVER! If you're ever in London, stop by and we'll make you one. Seriously, you won't ever want to leave after you've tasted it. :) The secret is three teaspoons of vanilla essence. ;) Ssssh!
New flowers are blooming everywhere; up and down and side to side. It's lovely to see our garden come to life now spring is here. I'm making the most of the beautiful light now we're in British Summertime!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I tried to take some photographs for our school's digital photography competition today - the theme is People & Places - but didn't get much worth entering. I had an idea of a whole pile of books in our field of bluebells, as if nature had been invaded by humanity, but it didn't quite come out as planned. Is it too abstract? It does look better bigger but no can do on this above-400 pixel-width-blog of mine! My school is a little primitive as far as photography goes. Photography is not offered as a subject, there is no photo club, no photo department, no nothing. Hmm, maybe I should start one! The competition is judged by a Physics teacher, of all people, with no prior photography knowledge... ;) If you see what I mean... :P
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't know about you, but I love to cycle. I use my dad's bicycle and I cycle everywhere. I hardly ever go by train or bus anymore - I just cycle. It's quick and easy, non-polluting (a big plus for eco-friendly-old-me) and so good for you. Plus it's simply pleasant to feel the wind blowing through your hair as you pedal through cornrows and bluebell fields to get to your preferred destination. So an ode to my bicycle!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And last but not least, my old camera. You've seen it a hundred and three times before; but I was practising B/W!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now I really have to go study...really, and go swimming. I hope you have an absolutely fantastic evening (or day, depending on where you live on this big wonderful planet of ours - that's not sarcastic either!)...Love Lulu xxxxxx
PS> Sorry for the ramble and did I mention how much I adore adore adore this music? Sigh, it makes me feel so happy! And sorry for the huge watermarks; I found out some photos of mine were stolen yesterday so better safe than sorry. :)

21 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh I love these great angles and the colors are so vibrant. I love the shot of the books and camera in the field. Oh I bet that was frustrating with your lens not working, I hope you weren't too attached yet? Well, the 50mm does just as good. Lovely as usual!

11:14 pm, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

All lovely. Next time I'm over your way I'll put Lulu's place for milkshakes on the itinerary LOL

11:34 pm, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Angela said...

Lovely images. I really like the upclose of the camera. Sorry to hear about your lens. I would be devistated. I dropped my camera and broke my lens 2 days before Christmas. I cried!

Yummy! I love vanilla milkshakes!

2:28 am, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Stacey C. said...

Where are the pictures of the milkshakes Lu? Now I want one!!
Sorry about your lens & your pics being stolen....seems to be going around these days:(

2:57 am, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Angela H. said...

Lulu. I love to read your blog. I love to see what you have turned into art with your camera. So today I am reading and I saw you bike picture and said to myself "she took a picture of a chain.... and it looks great" :)
LOVE you creative eye. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks for being such an inspiration.

4:20 am, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful as usual. For what it is worth, I love the books in the field shot!!!

7:11 am, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Amanda Fish said...

Lulu,
I just love the way you think. You are always so positive and have such an energizing spirit! Great shots girl!!!

1:35 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger willowonthewater.com said...

It's official! You've made it. Photos worth stealing! I know that it's small consolation, so good on you for watermarking. I too love reading your blog and seeing all of your wonderful photos.

2:28 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu, I'm sorry about the lens! That really sucks. Hopefully they'll take it back. Great shots anyway, you can still work it with the 50 :)

I LOVE milkshakes, so if I'm ever in England I'll be sure to stop by.

Love the shots, they're all beautiful. I think you should enter that shot, I love the angle! Although the physics teacher might think it's just crooked ;)

4:30 pm, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these, Lu. Def. stop in for milkyshakeys!

4:37 pm, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always. :)

4:38 pm, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh LuLu I love these so much. You are such an inspiring one. I'd love to hear your British accent too, bet you are so darn cute!

4:38 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks ladies, beyond words.

LOL Michelle...maybe you will ;)
Ellen, they're going to take it back! Now I want to see some wide shots.

Thanks again!

4:39 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Ariana Sullivan said...

I just LOVE your pictures, Lulu. I love the post below with your memory book, you have such cute little handwriting :)

Love the color, as usual, love your black and whites, too.

I still think you're a child, I just think you're getting closer to adulthood. It'll be interesting seeing your life take a different shape as you move out of your house and onto your own. I am excited to see what you do with your life. I am expecting great and cheerful things, lol.

4:41 pm, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coolness. now im marking London as another one of the places i need to visit :)

im sorry your (new!) 35mm lens broke.
hope it'll be fixed in no time!

and oh no!! your pics got stolen too?
>:( bad people...

ok, enough rambling for me here!
great stuff as usual, Miss L!

All the best for the photography competition! :D

5:17 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Ooooo that flower (lilacs?) photo is AMAZING- takes my breath away :)
Love the bike shot too- very clever :)

7:41 pm, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

LOVE the music btw :)

8:02 pm, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always leave the same comment!!!! How did you get to be so wise??????

11:20 am, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh! Count me in on the milkshake! :D I'm a milkshake junkie..they are my 'other hobbie'. :D
You are suah a great photographer! I love how you 'see' things. Just wonderful..

5:10 pm, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

Lulu, I can't wait to hear about this contest. I love the book and camera shot, but my preference would be without the apple.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lens. If it's under warranty, then it should be fine!

I see that you have a Jodi Picoult book, I love her!

I love the black and white shot of your camera. Something about pictures of cameras that I just love. :)

6:38 pm, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Melissa said...

How are you liking the 50 mm while your 35 mm is being replaced? It's my birthday this month and I've asked hubby for the 50 mm f/1.4 as my gift.

Love the photos by the way and I get the same feeling you do when you visit other blogs and see such awesome photos compared to my own. Yet my photography teacher told me one thing that I keep in mind often...folks only show their best of one photo that they've taken 100s of photos already.

5:42 pm, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home