Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tomorrow is Friday.

I like Fridays. Not for the reasons most people like them but still, they're fun. The time before the glorious freedom of the weekend, but everyone's *always* in a good mood because it's practically Saturday. Friday is the day, I always think, when people act as if they're on happy pills. I wish they could act like that every single day. I try to! :)
Today I wasn't really bothered about taking pictures. You know when you see someone else's pictures and as much as they inspire you, you also realise how your images pale in comparison to theirs? It's kind of discouraging! :P But I did, at about 9pm after sunset inside with my little sister, my best friend in the world. I had to use flash (yes, the on-camera dreaded one talked about only in hushed whispers of horror and terror within photography circles)! But it was fun. Memories are memories are memories, don't ya think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She loves Clarice Bean. Yes, she's twelve. But who said growing up slowly was a bad thing?! Plus tomorrow, skipping back to the I-love-Friday ramble (hope you are keeping up okay!), is the first week back at Brownies/Girl Scouts/a bunch of crazy and undeniably sweet 7-10 year olds all together in one church hall in London. :) I missed them. We took off 5 weeks for the Easter break and it was sad not to be able to look forward to hearing what all the little girls have done during the week and drawing millions of flowery pictures for me and hugging me round the legs. They're the sweetest kids. In case you don't know I'm the 'young leader' which means I just wander around and help them out and stuff with anything they're stuck with and I supervise activities and things. I love it. It's great fun. We have three new ones coming tomorrow which should be fun as well. I'll let you know how it goooooes. :)
ANYWAY since I have been rather mischevious and neglected to post yesterday I'll share a few recent pictures. Do you like Marmite? They say you either love it or you hate it. It's a really English thing is Marmite. Do you have it in America? It's gloopy spread with the same consistency as Nutella that's the colour of dark chocolate and has a sharp tangy taste. It's absolutely delicious. The Australians prefer Vegemite but believe me, it is no match to Marmite. I have it in my sandwiches every day at school.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
ISO 100, 1/400, f/5.6 (this was my first time shooting at 5.6 with the 50 and my oh my, that bokeh is absolutely divine)!
Plus I couldn't not share our little kitty kat, Miss C. Her sister unfortunately has been diagnosed with Photographer's Cat Syndrome and runs at the sight of my lens but Miss C is as willing a model as ever.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hope you all have a beautiful evening! Have a great Friday as well. Hopefully I'll have more invigorating images then to share!!
Love Miss L.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous tabby cat! Incredible eyes. I was never a brownie or girl guide :( Ya think I missed out? I'm loving your tones in the b&w.. there's definitely nothing wrong with growing up slowly.

Oh, and like I said on flickr... I'll take Bovril over Marmite any day.

10:07 pm, April 26, 2007  
Blogger willowonthewater.com said...

We have Marmite here, but I've never tried it... what should I expect? I'm game to try most things. Is it savory or sweet?

The pic of your sis is sweet, no need to confess you used the (whispers) "onboard" flash. No one will be able to tell. Our little secret!

11:27 pm, April 26, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu, these are so great. I also love Fridays, but I think your love for them is much more pure than mine. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm just ecstatic that school is over for the week :)

I'm so excited you're coming to Toronto. I hope you'll have time for lunch.. Or tea!! And pictures :)

12:49 am, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Stacey C. said...

Oh my girls LOVE & adore Clarice Bean!! And I have already told you about my joy over each episode of Charlie & Lola.......
Thanks as ever for sharing your fun
:)
Stacey

2:17 am, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love Firdays as well, I know a lot of people seem to be in a happier mood on Firdays because they know whats coming soon!:) Love your pics great captures, I love your kitty she's pretty, but I love cats, I have 14. That spread I don't think its named that here but I do believe I've had something similar to that one time, it was pretty good. Happy tomorrow to you!

3:01 am, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Melissa Davis said...

Those are all great! My kids love Charlie and Lola too...cute!

5:09 am, April 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can totally identify with what you mean about comparing others wonderful pics with your own!

BUT, your pics always put a smile on my face because theyre so fresh and simple.

keep clicking!

and have a great day :D

5:16 pm, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks ladies. :) I appreciate every single word. :)

8:16 pm, April 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always. My kids like Lauren Child's book as well.

8:18 pm, April 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yucky yuck, I don't like Marmite. But's it a real sweet pic!

8:18 pm, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks girls. :)

I forgot to say to Willowdawn, it's savoury. ;)

8:21 pm, April 27, 2007  
Blogger AmyC said...

First, I think you did a FABULOUS job with that on camera flash. I never would have guessed! Great work!

Second, I've never even HEARD of Marmite or whatever you called it! LOL! Sounds...ummm...interesting! ;)

I always love your pictures, Lulu. Even the ones that you say are uninspiring! Always very good! :)

3:51 am, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I found your Blog when you commented on another photo Blog. Scrolling down, you have some lovely photos! (I'm a sucker for black and white).

I read about you finding someone else had posted your photos and claimed they were theirs... how did you find out? It's got me worried about mine now (not that I am sure I have many worth taking).

Oh and I'm a Bovril girl ;-)

1:27 pm, April 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so coooool! i love marmite.

9:37 pm, April 28, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

Yes, I know the feeling of comparing others wonderful pics with mine -- pretty much everyday and I am nowhere where I want to be with my photography but all the great pics just keep pushing me to get there as well.

I want in on tea or lunch too if there's time -- plse invte me too ;) I'd love to meet you ladies

10:56 pm, April 29, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

Vegemite Rules LOL

4:36 am, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

BEAUTIFUL kitty-cat! :)
I've tried vegemite before- not for me :) But Nutella...now that's what I grew up on in our German house :) lol

6:17 am, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fantastic! I was actually wondering about those books..Clarice Bean. Do you think my 8 year old daughter would like them? And, yes! I've had Nutella, and LOVE it! :D Haven't heard of the one you have, but you know..if it's good, it's good, right? :D Love your blog!:D

5:08 pm, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

Lulu, I just love these shots of your sister. She is always disguised, lol!

I haven't tried Marmite but I have recipes that call for it. It's from yeast? I am a complete vegetarian and I use nutritional yeast. Is it similar?

6:45 pm, April 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - the cat photo is stunning .. check out the eyes!!
I love it!!

3:52 pm, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Markissaearle said...

Hello!
Some great photos you have here, I love that you actually write about what you do...although it takes all day to catch up on what you are thinking about, it really is amazing.
Can't wait to see more!
Cheerio
-Melissa E Earle
markissaearle.blogspot.com

1:50 pm, May 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home