Saturday, August 25, 2007

So Me.

Ths photograph is SO me. It is inextricably linked to who I am, to Lulu. My starry bracelet, that never leaves my wrist, and my etiolated wristwatch - the timekeeper that I am - and my pose: all are so utterly Lulu. This image really, to me, exemplifies me and who I am. Who I want to become, and who I will be. My sister took it. I wanted her to take a picture of my bracelet, just for fun, and she managed to capture this one too. I think it's funny, how, in the end it's the ones who love you - the ones who know you inside-out and back-to-front, who would give their lives for you, who could find you in a twisting maze - who really capture you. She managed to bring out the person that IS me. And I think that is why I am so often astounded by the picture YOU all share of your children and loved one; so full of childish whimsy, vitality and absolute childhood honesty. And now I realise that honesty is the children themselves. Captured by their mothers, who love them and know them more than anybody could know.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

So love your SP!!! love the color...we went to London, Lulu and I tell you, we're hooked. We love the Britons, they are just not everything we thought they are. So warm, so friendly, and my gosh, the manners, truly--England is the capital of Manners! LOL!! Love your picture.

12:45 pm, August 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this self portrait of you Lulu! Your sister did a fabulous job. Love the color and the crop, everything. Lovely. :o)

2:16 pm, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Great photo!! Wow it is just amazing. Looks like she has great photo skills like you!! :) Creativity runs in the family!!

4:38 pm, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Fabulous color and composition :)
I love that it expresses your individualism and your spunk :)

10:16 pm, August 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lulu!
I really enjoy visiting your blog! You are so creative, an inspiration to me :) Do you think you could share your secret on how to disable the right click for saving/copying photos on my blog? I am on blogspot and tried to once with no luck. Thank you Lulu!
ROsie....... :) (from IL, USA) tinkerbell_1234@hotmail.com

2:46 am, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

LOVE IT! Definately SO you!!

5:26 am, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

You're so cute! This is really a fun photo. I just love reading your blog. I always leave with a smile. Love the bright pink wall!

6:03 am, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Leah said...

This is so cool. girl!!! Great comp!

You've been tagged! See my blog for details.

4:51 pm, August 27, 2007  
Blogger mindy~ree said...

Love this shot and the new banner up top!!! :)

6:26 pm, August 27, 2007  
Blogger sherry boles~ said...

Great shot! It's so nice to see "you" :)

7:28 am, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home