Saturday, July 21, 2007

Wedding day!

First, thank you for all your well wishes - it was seemingly a 24 hour thing because after churning out my insides a million times, I felt better the next day. And so, the wedding could go on in style! My Aunt Jane looked absolutely radiant...she's past 40 but a wonderful woman and an absolute beauty. My sister Elle (Eleanor) and I were bridesmaids and wore beautiful deep turquoise dresses and white satin slippers, with curls in our hair pinned up with gorgeous pearl pins (albeit from Claire's Accesories but you get the picture). It wasn't terrirbly fancy, which was lovely, but it was absolutely fun and I got to see so many people - old and younger...mostly old - that I hadn't seen in such a long time.
I loved the dancing most. Times like that always make me want to cry at the sheer brilliance and beauty that is life itself, kwim? I just looked around at everyone jiving and hustling and waltzing with their shoes kicked off, old and young, from 6 years to 106, and just smiled. The photographer was a lovely guy, very funny too, and didn't mind at all if other people took pictures. In fact, there was a whole crowd (nearly all of the 90 who attended) snapping pics behind him and he just said, "Well, if my pictures don't work out, we've got plenty of yours to go around." He was a Nikon/Fuji shooter but I forgave him because of that comment...such a sweet man. He left about 10 minutes into the reception and my aunt asked me, yes little old me, to take his place...just for snaps really...and I did so absolutely willingly and gladly of course! They aren't anything special but I think they sparked in me a love for wedding photography although I think I'd only ever want to be a second shooter - to capture all the details and little things that the main photographer might miss. Here's a few... :) ... just because!
CRW_1469-01
CRW_1468-012
CRW_1478-01
CRW_1494-01
And, my beautiful sister, who you never ever see. :)
CRW_1485-01
CRW_1486-01
Finally, the gorgeous bride! Isn't she beautiful? I think so anyway. :) In short, it was a wonderfully happy and blissful day!
CRW_1484-01
CRW_1499-01
And, I am dreadfully dreadfully sorry...I have so much to do at the moment, despite the fact that this is meant to be a relaxed summer, that I am rather neglecting commenting on blogs. I am reading, just not making my mark...so utmost apologies. I promise to be better. There is just so much going on - weddings and friends visiting and I'm going to my best friend's in the countryside next week and after that my lovely, wonderful and totally awesome cousin from Canda (who's 30) is visiting and then I'M going to Toronto (yess!) and then it's exam results and then it's back to school!! Anywho, sorry for that diversion, basically I'm pretty busy...but never too busy to read your blogs. :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!
The wedding looks beautiful! You captured so many of the details so well! They are really great photos! As usual!! :)

3:48 pm, July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like the black and white photos.

4:29 pm, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I was hoping you would be feeling better and that you would take some wedding photos! They are wonderful. My favourite is the first one of your sister - it's a beautiful portrait! But I love all of them. I think you would be a great wedding photographer if these are any indication!
Have a great time in Ontario - I'm going there as well, but not until Aug. 20th or so, so I'm sure you'll be back home by then!

6:34 pm, July 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shots! Looks like it was a totally wonderful and beautiful wedding. As far as the summer hustle and bustle...keep having fun out there! That's what it's all about and you deserve to enjoy every moment. :o)glad you are feeling better!

6:35 pm, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

good lord, lulu! these are amazing! i'm really not surprised but at the same time i am! i went to a wedding last weekend and i came away with a pitiful few pictures that i liked. lol

7:58 pm, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu, it sounds like a beautiful, happy, amazing day. I'm so happy you took your camera, because those are wonderful shots! I hope you'll share more. I love the one of your sister, and your cousin, and the bride.. Ok I love them all. Seriously, they're beautiful. It sounds like you're having such a fun summer, especially the Toronto part ;)

6:45 am, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

Lulu, I haven't been by in awhile! It looks like you've been enjoying your summer. Glad you're feeling better. Love all your shots from the seaside and these wedding shots are so fun. I hope the sun is shining for you. Still waiting for it over here! :)

7:20 am, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Lipglossiping said...

Wow... look at you ace photographer!

Love the shots, esp #2 and your sister looks stunning!

Glad you had a lovely day and that you're feeling better... I'm jealous of all the wonderful things you have to look forward to. x

1:19 pm, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks everybody - I won't be posting until Thursday now because I'm going to stay in the country with a friend. Have a fab week!

5:42 pm, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

These are so beautiful you did an awesome job! I love your style!! I'm glad your feeling better too!

5:43 pm, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I love the Pictures, Lulu!!! you know I adore your still life. The portaits are awesome..TFS!!!!

6:06 pm, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

These are beautiful. I love the detail, and yes..I think the bride is stunning. :D Love the photos..you did a great job. Glad you're feeling better. :D

4:02 am, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Wonderful captures of a lovely day and event in your family :) Glad you are feeling better!!

3:14 am, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home