Saturday, June 16, 2007

Overdue.

I sincerely didn't realise I hadn't written since Tuesday! Life has been a wonderful chaos of studying, exams and in-between relaxing with little time for photographs or much else. Yet, when I snuggle down under the covers in my cosy bed by the window, I look out at the fading daylight..excited about what tomorrow will bring and I think of all the things I will do in 9 days...when exams are over and I have 60 days of peace and solitude and fun and giggles to myself! I want to read lots of biographies, a new one of Bobby Kennedy I haven't read and a couple of others and, oh, I just can't wait!
I am already making a reading list, planning to join the new library round the corner, to visit the secondhand book store and pick up as many 20p paperbacks as possible, to paint the antique desk in pyschadelic shades that sits forlornly on our bonfire, to plant some half-hardy perennials, to finish my book and write more in my diary. Oh, it shall just be pure bliss after two years of a voice in the back of mind nagging at me "You must study now, Lu!"...much as I love it! About 2/3 of our year group, that's Year 11, finished exams yesterday but because I take Religious Studies and Higher Level Bio, Chem and Physics I finish on the 25th. But as much as I am excited about the holidays and the summer, I don't want school to end. I do love it so...the people, the ethos, the girls, the teachers, the grounds and most of all the learning. I think if there is one thing I love, it is to learn. About anything! That's why I like photography, reading books, school...I just love to educate myself and to learn more about the wonderful and diverse and utterly beautiful planet and its people. =)
As for photographs, still no sign of my 35mm. I sent it almost two weeks ago First Class so it should have arrived at the photographic company HQ by now but they say they still haven't received it. What a nightmare. I'm thinking I might just buy another 50mm to save myself the trouble, but certainly not from there!! Anyway, here's two from recently...you just gotta love cheesecake and strawberries!
I'll be back later with some more photographs, no exams until Wednesday so I have some free time to do my thing. =) Love you all. Be good.
L.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Good luck on the exams! Yum Yum that looks so yummy!!

5:56 pm, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

That looks fabulous!
I whole heartedly relate to you on having a lifelong love of learning :) I've twice your age and still love to learn new things everyday!! I don't think a time will come in my life that I don't want to read, take a class or learn more. It's why I love being a teacher- the endless ability to study new books and new things every year! :)

10:46 pm, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

lulu, i love hearing how much you love learning. i remember that feeling; waiting for school to end for all that leisure time. it sounds like you are going to enjoy every minute of it. :)

the cheesecake and strawberries look scrumptious. love that color. the cheesecake i know is white. what kind of cheesecake is it?

5:08 am, June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmm. Yummy cheesecake and you really got some wonderful color there! This is my 1st visit to your blog. I find it refreshing and admirable that you have such a passion for learning. The way you wrote about it here made me want to find a class to take! :o) Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you don't mind if I visit again sometime.

5:48 am, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks Jennifer, and Amy! I didn't know you were a teacher. :)

Christie, thanks. That is exactly how it feels! It's lemon cheesecake..yum!

Rebecca, thanks! Of course, you can visit again. I'd love it. :)

10:10 am, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really scrumtious, LuLu.

10:10 am, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your words are always really rwally inspiring. I enjoyed reading this. I cannot wait until your next post, love Hannah.

10:11 am, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff! You are an insanely good photographer.

10:11 am, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Cheesecake is my favorite..no..you don't understand..it's my FAVORITE. And that picture makes me super hungry for it. :D I just know it tastes good! Hey..who says cheesecake won't help with exams?? ;)

1:55 am, June 24, 2007  
Blogger Tonya Boles said...

Great pics. The strawberries look so yummy.

7:55 pm, July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home