Thursday, June 07, 2007

Chaotic.

That's how I would describe my life right now. Chaotic, but fun and engaging and interesting and terribly detailed and busy as banana jam. But fun. I guess that's what it's all about, being swept along for the ride and making the most of it, enjoying it in your own special way. Thankfully life is not so chaotic that I haven't had time to take a few pictures here and there. Most of what i have been doing is detailed in the next photo...it's me, my life right now. Not technically perfect but fun all the same! Yep, you win, revision, revision and yet more revision. But it's all fun.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had Biology [difficult but doable] and Latin [easy!] yesterday and German today. I adore German so much..the way it flows, the culture, the literature but it was really ziemlich schwierig today. But my German teacher is utterly lovely and I know she'll be proud of us all whatever we achieve. She's nice like that.
It was lovely this morning, all of us German students studying together before the exam. Laughing and joking and practising our phrases. Do you ever have moments like this? Where you just marvel at the beauty of life and friendship and wonder why some people resort to violence and war? We were sitting in the big hall and as our voices echoed around the room, you could hear the soft tinkling of a grand piano in the background...from downstairs in the assembly hall. I wished I had my camera but there's a quote I read once, about how you shouldn't be bitter that you didn't have the chance to capture it...you should just soak up the moment and I did. I just smiled. As two girls [ballet fans...] pirouetted in time to our chanting of sein and haben, the sounds echoing around the room and the morning sunlight spilling through the window, I felt that moment of happiness. A moment of stillness and beauty and truth and life. I love moments like that. =)
And now, sorry for that little diversion...I just had to write it and etch it in time, some completely unrelated pictures from the last few days. I still don't have my 35mm back but I'm finding the kit lens quite fun (ssssshhhhh!).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Have a fab evening, I have to go study the Cold War! Love, Miss L.

11 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I just love reading what you have to say!

4:12 pm, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I wished I had my camera but there's a quote I read once, about how you shouldn't be bitter that you didn't have the chance to capture it...you should just soak up the moment and I did. I just smiled. As two girls [ballet fans...] pirouetted in time to our chanting of sein and haben, the sounds echoing around the room and the morning sunlight spilling through the window, I felt that moment of happiness.

Awww! I often feel - sadness? resentment? disappointment? - at having missed some moments, but I try to remember them myself.

And I love the image of the ballet dancers dancing to your German chanting!

Lovely photos - your yellow flower reminds me I need to post a poppy photo I took yesterday.

Such bright colours!

7:33 pm, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

These are really pretty. Good luck with your studies!

9:24 pm, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Virginia said...

And once again, I completely agree with everything you said. Those moments you wish you could just capture or put in a bottle and re-play. I just bought a little p&s with some birthday money, and I've been taking it to school with me. I love being able to carry it where ever I go. =] Good luck with the rest of your tests, Lulu! I will talk to you soon.

12:01 am, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful words once again lulu, I always love to come back and see what you have new to say. Good luck with your studies. My father is German and is going back to his home Country of Nuermburg, Germany, oh I can't wait to see the pics. As always your photos are spimply beautiful! can't wait to see what else you have for us. You have a beautiful evening, too!

12:35 am, June 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, you should be a writer (and a photographer). Your imagery is fantastic and I feel each time as if I am in the scene with you. Beautifully written, and beautiful photographs.

11:39 am, June 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LuLu, you never cease to amaze me with your amazing colours and words. Never ever stop blogging, okay?

11:40 am, June 10, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

I love reading your words.

Your pics are always fun and beautiful and I always look forward to what you're photoing next.

Good luck with your studies!

4:20 pm, June 10, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Great photos- love the lighting.
Good luck on the rest of your exams!

9:12 pm, June 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't been to your blog in a long time... some of your stuff is getting outside the box, I love it! I always like your stuff though!

You know, for the last few weeks, I've been using the kit more than my 35... weird huh? It's fun to have a really wide angle though sometimes...

4:52 am, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Gorgeous photos, and description of your afternoon. It sounds lovely. Thanks for the quote on enjoying the moment instead of going crazy trying to capture it.. You're so very right (as usual!)

4:11 pm, June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home