Saturday, June 02, 2007

Funky distortion~

Those of you who have a Flickr account, did you know about the blogging feature? It's so easy and so much fun! It feels like Christmas, in fact. =) It even allows you to title your photographs for your blog...oh, so much fun! I needed a bit of good news besides. My 50mm 1.8, my beloved, broke yesterday...just snapped in two...so all I have left if my 18-55 with which I uphold a love/hate relationship. What do I detest most in the world? Variable apertures! But what do I love most? 18mm focal length. So it's good and bad. But I'm sending off my 35mm lens for fixing so hopefully that'll be back soon. And, hey, maybe it's a good excuse to purchase the 1.4!!
And now, the news of the century!!
My little sister Elle, who is really not so little anymore [she'll be thirteen at the end of this month...oh, gosh, I still see her as an 8-year-old =P], decided that she'd be nice and let me snap a few of her. These are nothing special to most people but I love them! The distortion [yet again!], the conversions [yep, my first b/w's in absolutely forever] and the feel. They convey her life right now and I love all the little details...the pinboard, the cuddly toys, her faces...so yep, these are SO me...so HER and sooooo lovely I think!! We'll have to see if you agree.
Life of a 12-year-old..., originally uploaded by Lulu
Thanks for reading! ~L.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lipglossiping said...

I'm gutted on your behalf over the sad passing of your 50mm :( Hope you get it mended soon. These are fun Lulu... love the distortion on those feet!

5:56 pm, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Corey~living and loving said...

oooo that first one of your sister is just WONDERFUL! Cool Cool Cool!

11:48 pm, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Luluuuuu,

Sorry I've been away for so long. I was thinking of you! I'm going to make one long comment here instead of going back individually... I have 200 new items on my bloglines, I hope you understand! Lol.

I loove these distortion shots. They're so cool! And that's so great that your sister is being more cooperative. I love all of these, but that last one (colour version) is really soooo cool. I would frame that on my wall for SURE. Sorry about the 50mm, that's so stupid of it to go and break, but your clarity and everything else are so perfect even with the kit lens that I can't feel toooo sorry for you :) I know you like to shoot at wide aps though, so I'm sure you're missing that..

As for your light post: You know I agree. Light is such an amazing cool thing, and it's really so talented.. I'm really trying to recognize it more in all aspects of my life!

Your trip to the museum looks so fun. I love that you can go and have a great time with your family members, just enjoying each other's company. And your cousin is just so cute!

Congratulations on one year. That's so awesome! I actually can't believe it's only been a year though, I feel like you've been at this forever. You've got the skills of a lifer :)

Finally, the shots of your stationary stuff are so cool, and work perfectly as a collage. Love that colour!

I'm glad to be back visiting you, Lulu. And I'm going to add your name as a tagger from that last post, I completely forgot! Sorrrryyyyyy.

2:22 am, June 03, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh I am sadden by the loss of your 50mm, hope you get the 35mm back soon! I do love these shots though, the angles are great and I love the conversion, gives them a great mood boost!

3:18 am, June 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lulu :) How do you put music with your blog? WOuld you mind teaching me? My email is tinkerbell_1234@hotmail.com - p.s. I love your zest for life :) You are so talented for your age!!!! Wow, you have a gift! Thanks!
Rosie......:)

3:24 am, June 03, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Lottie, me too...thanks!

Thank you Corey. :)

Elllllllen! I missed you! How was your conference? I hope you took loads of pictures. You should feel sorry for me... :) Hopefully I'll be getting it fixed or replaced soon. Love ya!

Thanks Jennifer...I hope so too!

Rose, thank you. :) Will e-mail you asap.

7:50 am, June 03, 2007  
Blogger KrisLeigh said...

Oh, Lulu! I'm sorry to hear about your 50mm! Your not alone on the varied aps, they are on my hate list as well, lol! I hope your 35mm gets back soon and I LOVE these shots! So YOU!

12:10 pm, June 03, 2007  
Blogger aboutimage said...

I do love your dress!

Nice fun pics :) And a Happy Birthday to your siser soon :)

2:03 pm, June 03, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, these are just great. :D I remember being 13 years old..wasn't nearly as cool as your sister looks. :D

11:16 pm, June 03, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Lulu
You rock. I've run out of other things to say. Your blog always brings a smile to my face.
Jeanette

PS: Can you email me the name of the song you have playing. I love it.

4:00 am, June 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no that sucks about your 50mm. I have one for sale (the 1.4) if you're interested. it's lited on my blog for sale but will advertise it somewhere else this week. Just let me know if you're interested.

I had to laugh about #2 and the face your sis is making. I love these. Life of a teenager or no lightness of being..So fun. Love the way you're going with your photography.

Will you make te London ILP meet up?

12:22 pm, June 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home