Friday, June 01, 2007

Light.

Light is like a language. An ancient, beautiful, unknown language. But when you are fluent, if only for a moment, you feel as if you possess the world's sweetest secret...the world's biggest treasure. Light is perpetually important...it gives us health, and happiness, it gives us strength and hope. Light was there in the beginning and it has never left us. Light is part of nature, part of ourselves and part of each person's soul. Light makes me think of a quote I love.
“There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle.” ~ Robert Alden
I like to think that's true. Light, like truth and life, gives us hope. Hope to go on, to strive for better and to appreciate what we have. In so many cultures it has such intrinsic value, it's something special. I am starting to see its beauty, to discover the light in each and every being, the light behind a smile...to sculpt it with my camera and to appreciate its enchanting and magical way.
CRW_8624-01

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu, you are so worldly wise. It is often hard to believe you are so young. You're an old soul. I love these images.

4:53 pm, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LuLu, I agree with the above. You are such a beautiful person! I love your colourful dress and your words about light. You 'speak' it so well. So well.

4:57 pm, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Lipglossiping said...

and you are such a master of it chick.

5:01 pm, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

what an amazing thought. Wow, girl! You say the best things. That's why I love your blog so much..well, and the pictures, of course, ;)

8:12 pm, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love to read what you have to say, your words are so beautiful! I love how you think and you are great with lighting!, love the angle of these shots!

9:40 pm, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The light.... ohhh that light. You see things so beautifully. You capture them so magically.

12:57 am, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Angela said...

Your words are always so beautiful and thought provoking.

I love the angle of these images, especially the last one!

11:52 am, June 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about light. Oh, that rhymes!! You are a wise girl, LuLu, I cannot wait until your next post!

-- Hannah.

2:36 pm, June 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LuLu.
I have been reading your blog for many months and am always astounded by your beautiful soul, words and images. These are no different. I have never commented before, just lurked, but this was too good not to.
My name is Sophie and I am also a photographer, just a hobby for me really, and I photograph my 3 kids daily. I should really start up a blog! I wish you lived nearer so you could photograph them for me. I love your style and I think when you are older you would make an amazing lifestyle photographer.

Until next time,
S

2:38 pm, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

WOW. Thanks everyone. You are too sweet to me.

Sophie, thanks!! You should definitely start up a blog, I'd love to see your pictures. And that comment made my day...no, week!

2:39 pm, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Love the colors and your words are lovely as usual :)

6:00 am, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home