Monday, May 28, 2007

How's the weather?

BUT, I do NOT want to know if it's sunny...!! Here it has been rainy, rainy, rainy, stormy, stormy, stormy and gloomy, gloomy, gloomy. I miss the sun but hopefully it'll come back soon. I have high hopes. As for now I am blissfully content at the thought of no exams for another 10 days, and blissfully confused about global warming...it seems more like global cooling! I do love rain, I really do, but only in moderation. There are only so many angles to the rainy window shot!
Rainy Days @ f/2.2, 1/125, ISO 100
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And, big news, I have been tagged yet again! The fourth in three days...I have two to complete but for now I'll just do the one. Tagging is tiring! [Like my alliteration? I do.] I have to list my five favourite boy/girl names. I love names and their history and etymology. I used to keep a name blog before this one, and so I am rather pleased to have been tagged with this one!
Girls.
#1 Violet
#2 Mercy
#3 Clara
#4 Lydia
#5 Honora
Boys.
#1 Jonah
#2 William
#3 Henry
#4 Atticus
#5 Elisha
Now, who to tag? I think this is a relatively new tag but I know some people hate tags...so, I am going to tag Mindy, Lottie [because she always completes her tags!], Jeremi, Kris [because she tagged me with my first tag!] and....[insert drumroll of choice]...Frederique. I look forward to hearing your answers!
Five things I love I also have to say...erm, well {1. my family, cats and friends}, {2. my hobbies ~ reading, writing, knitting, cycling and unforgettably photography}, {3. my home}, {4. love..such a beautiful thing!} and {5. life}. Due to the rain and a current uncreative stint I haven't taken many photographs. Actually, that's a complete and utter untruth. I have taken hundreds but none of them very good. I don't have a flash, I don't have steady hands and I work best in full sun so these dull days find me feeling rather uninspired. I admire all of you who do such wonderful indoor photography. I couldn't suck harder at it!! Still, I have been discovering the joys of collages and storyboards. Here's, a la Blue Peter, one I made earlier...I am a stationery junkie and it just has to be matching. In fact, my favourite store is Paperchase! :) Anyways...cheerio. 'Till next time, L. x
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing my tag, Lulu.
I love stationery too. Yours are very cute bright colours.

I really like the names you like. You have a very classical taste.

Sending you sun.

6:30 pm, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Lipglossiping said...

I'm sick of the rain too :( Bring back summer! Lovely names Lulu, how funny.. Jonas is my top name for a boy... great minds and all that :) Will get to my tag ASAP!

7:21 pm, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I love the rain one. How funny you thought of the same idea - for 12 of 12 (Chad Darnell's photo challenge each month), my bonus photo, was through a rain-splattered train window, watching the platform conductor walk down the platform.

And I only have the flash on my EOS 400D, and despite trying to slow my breathing and be *ever so still*, I still end up with a bit of shake. Might get a gorilla pod...

And I love Paperchase too!

Before I duck and run out - it was windy and rainy all day yesterday, but...

windy and sunny blue sky today

*ducks and runs very fast*

8:18 pm, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Violet is one of my girl names as well. It is a family name for me though, I have an aunt Violet. However, right now we are hoping for a little boy. ;)

9:41 pm, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have to say..I love the rain!! Your rainy window is great. :D I could almost hear the rain tapping on it.
Fun tags too! :D

3:19 am, May 29, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Those are some beautiful names you listed. I love the mood in the rainy window shot, very nice, but the collage of all the colorful paper pins are so bright and cheerful, very cute!

4:03 am, May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm I see no suckage here?? Are you crazy? I think so :P Your shots are gorgeous. I especially love the rainy one :)

5:07 am, May 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful collage and rainy window, Lulu. You do not 'suck' at all.

I like the name Clara too.

12:39 pm, May 29, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Sarah, no problem. It was fun! Thanks!

Lottie, tell me about it!! Jonas is nice too :P but my heart belongs to Jonah!

Lol, Helen...camera shake is so annoying, I know! *ducks and runs* !

Denise, congratulations!! Violet is really pretty, I think. I am tagging you too... !!

Jinksee, thanks girl! Rain finally went today! yay!

Jennifer, thank you. I love my pins!

Amanda, thank you! I am getting better, I hope.

"Anonymous" - thanks!


Thanks everyone!

12:41 pm, May 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home