Wednesday, June 27, 2007

End of Exams, Lots of Books and Fun :)

Crazy title...I know, but I think it's called for. =) And pretty crazy few days, have I had! Apologies also for the crazy, crazy, crazy blog look at the moment; I tried (unsuccessfully) to switch over to the New Blogger Template and found myself Utterly Confused And Wracked With Discomfort at the thought of those difficult widgets and all my links being erased!! =) So I tried to switch back, again without success, so am left with a blank blog without links and a header or anything. I'm working on it though.
As I had my last examination on Monday (joy to the world!), my friend M came around to my house yesterday and we went round all the charity shops in town (that would be a measly TWO) ... I think you call them thrift stores in America ... and picked out books we liked and bought them. I can't wait to read them. I bought six, yes six, for just £3.25. That's a huge great whopping $6.49. If I'd bought them new in the shops, they would have cost about £35 altogether. What a steal! =P
books~
And so to celebrate (although pre-planned) our Great Big Book Bargain (M bought seven for £3.50) and the end of examinations, we went to a play on the Southbank. That's not far from where I live, in central London, right on the river. The play was A Rose Tattoo, by Tennessee Williams, and it was wonderful! The cast were brilliant and so was the music. Afterwards we went out onto the balcony to see London all lit up by night and I took a few pictures. I am just loving my 35mm f2.0 lens...it's so sharp and so lightweight and so great for general purpose shooting. Here's just one. Oops, it didn't upload. Next time!
Have a great day! love, L. (Oh, and you can click to see the photo bigger, sorry they're so tiny but otherwise it makes my blog even more funky that it already is)!

13 Comments:

Blogger Donita said...

Delurking here to say, I love your blog and that picture of the skyline is fabulous (well, all your photos are fabulous)!

2:02 pm, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

It sounds and look like you live in such a cool place. I love that picture of the skyline and the colors of those books are amazing!

4:31 pm, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

lulu, what fun! i can totally picture you and your friend, with your lovely british accents, shopping and reading and giggling all day. the play sounds fabulous and i LOVE the last picture.

i love the first shot too. makes me want to curl up with a good book all day. wait, i can't do that. i have 4 kids who need me. oh, well. you do it for me!

4:47 pm, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Lulu - have you heard of BookMooch?

www.bookmooch.com

In a nutshell, you list books you no longer want, and when people mooch them off you, it earns you points (you pay to post the books to the moochers). You can then use the points to mooch books off other people.

Inside your country - sending a book out earns 1 point, mooching a book yourself costs 1 point

Outside your country - sending a book earns 3 points (to offset higher postage costs), mooching a book yourself costs 2 points

It's a good way to get rid of books you've read and no longer want, and get new ones for you!

5:17 pm, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love taking pictures of my books and I love that you do too! That night shot is wonderful!!!

11:00 pm, June 27, 2007  
Blogger sherry boles~ said...

Fantastic night shot! The colors are beautiful!

6:06 am, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Congratulations on the new glass, hey you changed your profile picture...I'll miss it...the boots.

Always love your color, I want to learn colors, and you are one who has one of the good ones.

12:53 pm, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

ohh..I'm loving that skyline photo. Wow!! Look at those colors! :D Just beautiful. Congrats that you're DONE with exams! WHOWHOOOO!! Time to party! Well..read. But I consider that a party. ;)

5:37 pm, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

oh wow thats a lot of books! Beautiful night shot of the city!

6:51 pm, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Hi lulu!

Here is an advise, being a victim of "Change" for blogger. Save the scripts in MS word, so if you decide for a new look, and the link I'm sure will disappear bec. of the change, you have everything handy.

I am so jealous of your colors!!!!

1:21 pm, June 29, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Congrats on being done!!
LOVE the photo of the city- just gorgeous!!!

8:19 pm, June 29, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I loooove the cityscape. Amazing photograph!! The links work for me. By the way, what font do you use on your blog? I really like it.

4:42 pm, June 30, 2007  
Blogger Christina said...

Lulu, I just love your photos. The colors are incredible and that nightscape is absolutely gorgeous.

8:19 pm, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home