Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another holiday snap...

... I loved this one. I walked down to the beach about 6 or 7pm just to take some pictures of the sea as the sun set and hear the soft crashing of the waves once more before we went home. And, as I walked along the beach, I saw these three - a father and his two young children - standing silently by the sea. It was too beautiful not to snap (and, yes, I did check it was okay)!



It's one of my favourite pictures I've ever taken, even though I only met this family in passing and even though I am unlikely to meet Rose and Jude and their father Simon again. It just touches me how small and insignificant they seem next to the mighty and all-consuming yet utterly beautiful sea. Thanks for letting me share. And thanks for all the wonderful comments your guys leave me...I truly do appreciate it.

Love, miss Lulu ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

What an amazing photograph!! It is really a touching photo the evokes so much emotion~

2:08 pm, July 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! I LOVE these types of shots and have been lucky enough to capture many of them featuring my husband and my son. It's so fascinating when you think about just how huge the sea is...and are able to have wonderful pictures to show it. Nice job Lulu! :o)

5:42 pm, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lulu, this is absolutely beautiful! I wish the dad would find your blog, see your picture, and totally love it. Wouldn't that be cool? I know if he saw it he'd love it, that's for sure. I love their names too, very cool.

7:44 pm, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Ellie said...

Hi Lulu,
What a Gorgeous Photo!! Your Photographs are all so Inspireing. I have added you to my Blogroll:-)
Have a Lovely Evening

10:01 pm, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Corey~living and loving said...

very lovely! :) I love the warm golden color! Awesome! I just did my first silhouettes recently too. Love them. :)

6:52 am, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thank you - and, yes, Ellen..I would love that! I did tell him my name so who knows?

6:30 pm, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Ohhh... this is so beautiful. I love the light and I'm amazed at the golden waves!

1:56 am, July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home