Sunday, July 01, 2007

Draw Me A Picture?

Okay, sorry guys! I have been so busy this week, my first exam free week for months! School's officially over (sad but I'll cope) and I have been shopping for books, to a bridesmaids' dress fitting for my aunt's wedding, photographing wildflowers, cycling, shopping for books, to my auntie's hen night, swimming tonight, out to a play, shopping for books again!! So hectic, so fun and soooo chaotic! Every night I get in and eat dinner and read a little, maybe photograph, and I feel so tired that I just drop off to sleep. I keep thinking, and yearning, to blog about my adventures, but I just forget or fall asleep before I get the chance! So, my apologies. I plan to blog every night this week, to get back into the swing of things. Promise! =)
We've had my cousin staying over this week and he is the sweetest thing, letting me try out my new film SLR on him...drawing me pictures, making spyglasses and ID cards for his special 'ZoooMiNalS' secret club (don't even ask)! I said Grandma wanted a photo of him to put on the wall at her new bungalow, they're moving next week, and so he agreed to let me take a few...yay! All with the Pentax MG, 50mm lens, f2.2, asa 800/400 except the colour one which was with the 35mm lens and 300D, if you're wondering.
angelic~
make a spyglass...
What else has been happening? Well, I read a GREAT book. You MUST read it. It's called Cage of Stars and is written by Jacquelyn Mitchard. I picked it up by chance in Waterstones because I liked the cover photograph and it sounded good so I bought it on a whim. It's amazing...about a young Mormon girl in Utah whose sisters are murdered completely unexpectedly by a schizophrenic. The novel details her initial revenge, her adolescence and journey into adulthood as she struggles to understand the deaths of her sisters and her eventual acceptance of the killer's condition. It was utterly compelling and wonderfully written. I have never been to Utah, I am not LDS nor do I know many, I do not have murdered sisters and I have never felt the need for revenge but I still felt able to relate and understand Veronica's feelings and emotions. It's a beautiful book, and one you must read. It should be on required reading lists on every high school in the country! =)
Anyway, enough babbling. I'm off to read Brothers by David Talbot...about John and Robert Kennedy. I love it so far. And, if you hadn't guessed or realised by now, I adore reading. Got any good books to recommend? Not that I don't have enough (I'm reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter too!) but I always love hearing new recommendations.
Thanks for reading...and I absolutely PrOmIsE to be back tomorrow! I do, I do. :) I don't have anything planned for once so I think I'll just have a lazy day at home, relaxing and reading (hey, what's new?) and photographing and catching up on TV. All the programmes I watch have ended their seasons now. =( Which is a bit distressing really!! I was so distraught, although not as much as my sister, that Doctor Who's season three ended on Saturday. Sooo upsetting. It doesn't come back until Christmas Day and that's only one episode, then not again until March. What a shock episode though - I did NOT expect Martha to not want to go with the Doctor at all. I think she'll be back though...and if not, I vote for Sally Sparrow (a la 'Blink') to be his new companion. She rocked. =)
Anywho, sorry if you have no IDEA what I'm on about. Doctor Who is a British show that ended in 1984 but was recently brought back in a new modern series. It rocks. Seriously. All the people my parent's age watched it when they were kids and almost all kids (and lots of adults) watch it now. It's amazing! ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
See ya! Be good...oh, and happy July! =) Love, L... :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad you get a break tomorrow to do what ever you want. These photos are all great like always! I really like shot #2, I love the comp of this!

1:39 am, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good book, I'll have to check it out. Also..when you're done reading the 'Memory Keepers Daughter', please let us know how it was. I've been wanting to get/read that one..but every time I go to the store..I just..don't for some reason. Let us know. :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying your 'free' time. :D

3:45 am, July 02, 2007  
Blogger sherry boles~ said...

He's so cute...Great job!

4:30 am, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks! Jinksee, I promise to! =) I have heard so many good reviews on it and I do like it, but it is VERY descriptive so gets a bit boring in places and you sort of lose your way. The storyline is great though so I want to finish it.

10:19 am, July 02, 2007  
Blogger blaaa said...

Your photos are wonderful, I love your style :)

4:13 pm, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His eyes are so beautiful! And I really like the comp of #2 as well. Nice! :o)

4:44 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I love your color and you know that already. The composition on the last 2 are wonderful...the conversion? awesome. Great job!!!!

4:49 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Angie Penrose said...

The color in that first photo is amazing. They're all so cute! You are so creative. You should go to utah sometime. It's super fun! Thanks for coming by my blog again!

4:51 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Christie said...

awesome shots, lulu, especially #2! are you using manual focus on your new film slr? you must be getting your film developed quickly!

4:59 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Lulu said...

Thanks ladies! *kisses* I really appreciate your comments.

Christie, yep...it doesn't have auto focus. It's been a learning focus for sure! And, yes, I took these a week ago and got them 5 days after I took them. I love my lab!

5:04 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Nikki said...

I LOVE the Memory Keeper's Daughter. Two of my alltime favourites that you might like are The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey N-(can't remember her last name!) and There is No Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene.
I do have a quick question, if you don't mind answering... what program do you use to edit your photos and how do you get the background blurred so nicely? I use PSE5 and the blurring is awful.
-Nikki
http://dreamasifyouwillliveforever.blogspot.com/

5:30 pm, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Bowznstuff said...

I really really really like those....
Cree

12:47 pm, July 04, 2007  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Fabulous photos :)

6:15 am, July 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

11:10 pm, November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home